NBC ala Mexico...

PIAA- Track and Field
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

NBC ala Mexico...

Post by Gunner18 »

seeing as NBC's track is supposedly 402 meters, re they going to have different start/finish lines for each race that way the accurate distance is covered? i heard districts will b held there in '05 or '06 and that extra 2 meters can really screw people out of people qualifying by time....any ideas on whats being done to fix this?
STRAIGHT
musselman05
Senior
Senior

Post by musselman05 »

Yes the engineers have to come back and fix it free of charge since they messed it up...thats what i heard
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

The biggest problem isn't necessarily the engineers, it's just getting everyone lined up again to do it...excavators, black-toppers, and the track surface people. I guess the biggest problem now though is the weather and waiting until it's warm enough to do anything...
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
Quick13Lefty
Senior
Senior

Post by Quick13Lefty »

...so wait....they have all the distances wrong with the start-finish lines?
Lemmy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lemmy »

The error in distance was found when the lane lines were going to painted on the track. Currently there are no lane lines or start/finish lines on the track. The last I heard the correction work is going to take place in the early spring once the weather breaks. Also the last I heard, NB will not be hosting any home meets for the 2004 season.

On the plus side, the track has a very fast feel.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. Pre
Quick13Lefty
Senior
Senior

Post by Quick13Lefty »

...i was looking forward to kicking up some dust on their new track! well i still have 05' i guess :P