2015 American Legion Baseball thread

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Jtwnbaseballguy
Junior
Junior

Re: 2015 American Legion Baseball thread

Post by Jtwnbaseballguy »

dang. I was hoping Claysburg would lose one Sunday at that game today would be a championship game. Hopefully, they meet in the finals.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

No game tonight. As the standings do not affect either team, I doubt if it gets played. Playoff is to start Wed. I believe.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

All regular season games need to be done after tonight. No make -ups or scheduled make - ups tomorrow. Start playoffs Wednesday. Unless Claysburg and Bedford whine and cry and change and make up new rules as they go along. Choads!!!
Jtwnbaseballguy
Junior
Junior

Post by Jtwnbaseballguy »

Already two games scheduled for Tuesday on league web site.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Jtwnbaseballguy wrote:Already two games scheduled for Tuesday on league web site.
Clay @ St. Mike will be added to Tuesday's schedule.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

And they are? In past years, if a final game did not affect standings, they just dropped playing it.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

the seedings are already set. these games mean nothing in regards to seeding or home field. NOTHING!!
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

never mind i miss read the standings.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

lgb87cape wrote:never mind i miss read the standings.
While these final games have little-to-nothing to do with the seedings for the First Round of playoffs, they do/could impact the "Re-Seedings" for the 2nd Round. Yes,...the Re-seedings....

I'll call the 2nd Round Reseed rules,...."The BCS".

No, not that BCS.

But, rather, the "Bedford-Claysburg-Shenanigans"
The Reseed rules all but guarantee that Bedford will not have to play Claysburg in the 2nd Round of the playoffs, so they both have their best shot at making it to the 1-game Championship, and thus both go to Regionals.
Rather slick proposal on their part, and the rest of the league agreed to it.
pas2326100
Junior
Junior

Post by pas2326100 »

You people are amazing. Always on here bashing, talking about whiners and that's all you people do. First Off I am the coach of Claysburg and neither Coach Gramling nor myself have even discussed not playing the game... As per the League meeting we have through Tuesday to get our games finished, not Monday so not sure where you got that info. As far as the game being meaningless, I guess that's your opinion but that's not quite how I look at the game. We get a chance to face some quality ballplayers and a good team to help prepare us for our post season play. Anytime we step on the ballfield we, care how we play and we take every opportunity to get better. As far as coach Gramling, I am not going to speak for him in how he manages this game but I can assure you that I will be using my number 1 and 2 pitchers in this game as they need to get some work in so they can stay sharp for the playoffs. As far as the BCS not even worth getting into as you people are clueless !!!!!!! The league managers voted in favor of this realizing that it was the proper thing to do for the league.