2015 American Legion Baseball thread

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
hitnrun10er
Freshman
Freshman

Re: 2015 American Legion Baseball thread

Post by hitnrun10er »

I'm sure Coach Grambling will be thinking the same. I'm sure the records would be totally different if St. Michael and Lilly were playing Claysburg, Somerset and Bedford 6 times like they did with each other. St. Michael has a good team, but not the best. Claysburg has proved to be the best. Somerset's record doesn't do them justice either. They were unfortunate to only get 1 win out of the division. You guys need to check the facts out before you go running your mouth. Maybe if teams weren't scared to play in the same division as the Bedfords, Claysburgs and Somersets, it wouldn't be this way.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

yeah i know the re-seeding is a joke. there re-seeded cause of the claysburg and bedford whiners.....
deerslayer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by deerslayer »

If you want to be the best, then you need to beat the best and that'sdone on the ballfield, not the schedule.
hitnrun10er
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hitnrun10er »

Exactly. At least someone knows what they're talking about and knows a little about the game.
deerslayer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by deerslayer »

I think "Tubby", ..LGB..." Mr Lilly is a little scared...lol
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Meaningless games!?!?!?!? Please! God only gives you so many competitive games to play in your life. Take advantage of everyone you get to play in. I'd give ANYTHING to play in just one more competitive INNING, let alone a full game. Let's not let Legion ball go the way of Little League. LET THE KIDS PLAY! LET THE KIDS HAVE FUN! Because when they get to our age.....they'll miss it.

As far as reseeding....yeah it's dumb....it's not like the MLB, NFL or NHL do it or anything. Or the NCAA basketball tourney where the 1 and 2 seeds can't meet until the regional final. Yeah, this is some crazy unheard of idea that Springer and Aungst thought of. Good call, Columbo.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

pas2326100 wrote:You people are amazing. Always on here bashing, talking about whiners and that's all you people do. First Off I am the coach of Claysburg and neither Coach Gramling nor myself have even discussed not playing the game... As per the League meeting we have through Tuesday to get our games finished, not Monday so not sure where you got that info. As far as the game being meaningless, I guess that's your opinion but that's not quite how I look at the game. We get a chance to face some quality ballplayers and a good team to help prepare us for our post season play. Anytime we step on the ballfield we, care how we play and we take every opportunity to get better. As far as coach Gramling, I am not going to speak for him in how he manages this game but I can assure you that I will be using my number 1 and 2 pitchers in this game as they need to get some work in so they can stay sharp for the playoffs. As far as the BCS not even worth getting into as you people are clueless !!!!!!! The league managers voted in favor of this realizing that it was the proper thing to do for the league.
Relax Coach, don't take the banter on this website too seriously. Claysburg is probably the best team in the league, and they ought to be, drawing some of the best athletes from several school districts. But, as was said, you still have to win the games on the field. Claysburg has done that. Congratulations already to a great season. All the rest of the league had to do, to impact the 2nd Round reseeding, was beat Claysburg and Bedford in the regular season, and we know how that worked out.
As for Somerset, they were really young this year. Another year of muscle and bone growth will see them competitive again next year.
Good luck to all w/ the rest of the season/playoffs. Looking forward to some competitive games.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

I still try to make it out to games even though I don't have any family playing, no dog in any race. And the one thing I've noticed, Angst, Springer, Grambling, Close, and the new Stoystown coach (it seems they have a new one every 2 years for some reason), are all great coaches. They don't just fill out lineup cards.
hitnrun10er
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hitnrun10er »

Springer hasn't been the bedford coach for years. He's just the "business manager" who keeps the scorebook
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Denny Grambling and Dave Angst!!! =)) =)) =))