AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

[center]Ligonier Valley (14-0) vs. Southern Columbia (14-0) Friday 7:00 Bald Eagle Area HS[/center]
[center]Steel Valley (14-0) vs. Wilmington (13-1) Friday 7:00 North Allegheny HS[/center]

[left]It should be one of the more competitive final four's of the six classifications.  Ligonier and Collin Smith will travel back to Bald Eagle to take on another state power in Southern Columbia.  They are the defending AA State champions, and have 7 state titles in history. [/left]
[left]Steel Valley is led by four-star Pitt commit, Paris Ford. Wilmington is always a tough out from District 10. [/left]
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: AA State Semifinal Thread: Ligonier vs. Southern Columbia

Post by Kvothe0 »

4 public schools. Wow.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The bottom 3 classes feature 10 Public schools and 2 Catholic schools.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

Actually, the final eight in AA were all public, with Dunmore, Neshannock, Kane, and Schuylkill Haven in addition to the final four.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

My Boyz about to win one more at ole Bald eagle.  Come one come all to see the fireworks Friday night.  Come on and ride the train 
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

Ligonier has went under the radar the whole playoffs. Many writers have picked against them in every round of the playoffs. If I was a writer, I would personally go watch this team first-hand. They have a division 1 safety, an all-state linebacker, a collection of reliable receivers, two good running backs, an all -around amazing offense, and a great defense. Their skill players can hang with anyone. Amazing years for Collin Smith, Elijah Parrish, Aaron Tutino, and Jackson Daugherty. Don't look past this team this round. They will not disappoint.
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

Ligonier Valley 42 Southern Columbia 21
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Interesting and impressive thing about SC is they appear to be very young especially at skill positions.  They might be a year away, very impressive, but this year might be the year to get them.  
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I'm sticking with Steel Valley to win AA I hope ligonier gets to play them in the finals. Back when I played we beat SC on at the lock haven 7v7. They couldn't pass at all back then, can they now?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

OpinionatedOrange wrote:Ligonier has went under the radar the whole playoffs. Many writers have picked against them in every round of the playoffs. If I was a writer, I would personally go watch this team first-hand. They have a division 1 safety, an all-state linebacker, a collection of reliable receivers, two good running backs, an all -around amazing offense, and a great defense. Their skill players can hang with anyone. Amazing years for Collin Smith, Elijah Parrish, Aaron Tutino, and Jackson Daugherty. Don't look past this team this round. They will not disappoint.
That's interesting.  They haven't been "under the radar" on this website at all. They've been the most talked about team on here for the better part of a month.  

I don't recall many people picking against Ligonier either.  I think they were unanimous picks in the first two rounds.  I think a few, but not many pick McCort over them.  It also seemed people were pretty confident in them against Dunmore.  

I don't think many locals are sleeping on Ligonier at the very least.