Ridge to the LHAC?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Ridge to the LHAC?

Post by CRWizard »

1. Wrestling is going to have a better regular season schedule and still be able to wrestling in KOM and Powerade as long as they qualify.
2. This is a myth. Bedford has Junior High baseball. They compete with SHL teams just like CRSD does right now.
3. 20 years ago, this would have been a concern. Now when there is two inches of snow, all schools cancel. Winter sports are constantly being rescheduled for weather. Nobody is going to die by playing LHAC in the winter.
4. This will help all sports. Football and Wrestling plays the toughest competition in the school. They also have the most success. Every sport will be able to compete right away with except of CR worse sport- Basketball. They can't beat schools two classifications down right now. Playing schools there size will be tough.
5. Declining enrollment is happening everywhere. Several SHL schools may be consolidating in the near future. It is not sustainable for them to graduate 20 students and still justify a school district. If CRSD doesn't make this move, they will be traveling across the state to find games in all sports very soon.

CR has been begging to get into a conference for years. This is there last shot and best shot.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yeah Ridge's declining enrollment seems like a non-issue, considering nearly every District 5 and 6 school has declining enrollment.
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yeah Ridge's declining enrollment seems like a non-issue, considering nearly every District 5 and 6 school has declining enrollment.
But are they declining at the same rate?  Would be simple to obtain enrollment numbers from other schools grades 1-12 and see what they really will be for the next few PIAA cycles to compare all the LHAC schools.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

To me it seems like a bunch of excuses because they won't get to dominate small schools anymore
CRSD83
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by CRSD83 »

CRWizard wrote:1. Wrestling is going to have a better regular season schedule and still be able to wrestling in KOM and Powerade as long as they qualify.  
2.  This is a myth.  Bedford has Junior High baseball.  They compete with SHL teams just like CRSD does right now.
3.  20 years ago, this would have been a concern. Now when there is two inches of snow, all schools cancel.  Winter sports are constantly being rescheduled for weather.  Nobody is going to die by playing LHAC in the winter.
4.  This will help all sports.  Football and Wrestling plays the toughest competition in the school. They also have the most success. Every sport will be able to compete right away with except of CR worse sport- Basketball.  They can't beat schools two classifications down right now.  Playing schools there size will be tough.  
5.  Declining enrollment is happening everywhere.  Several SHL schools may be consolidating in the near future.  It is not sustainable for them to graduate 20 students and still justify a school district.  If CRSD doesn't make this move, they will be traveling across the state to find games in all sports very soon.

CR has been begging to get into a conference for years.  This is there last shot and best shot.
Seem like some good points.  Hope your right on No. 3.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

GoDragons wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yeah Ridge's declining enrollment seems like a non-issue, considering nearly every District 5 and 6 school has declining enrollment.
But are they declining at the same rate?  Would be simple to obtain enrollment numbers from other schools grades 1-12 and see what they really will be for the next few PIAA cycles to compare all the LHAC schools.
I'd be happy to look into it, I would venture to guess it's similar if not worse in some cases.  Any idea where that information is located?
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

My guess would be District Offices or Business Manager at each School.
CRSD83
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by CRSD83 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'd be happy to look into it, I would venture to guess it's similar if not worse in some cases.  Any idea where that information is located?
Crimson, you have too much free time on your hands.  LOL
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:To me it seems like a bunch of excuses because they won't get to dominate small schools anymore
Exactly what sports, outside of wrestling (which has one of the toughest schedules of any wrestling teams around) and as of late, football (which doesn't really dominate and has been playing an independent schedule filled with bigger schools anyways) do you think the parents are concerned about not being able to "dominate". In reality, there are 3 sports that can generally be counted on for winning season: Wrestling, Football and Girls Softball. Other sports have good seasons at times but not consistently. I hardly think it's because parents are worried that much about not being able to "dominate"
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

CRSD83 wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'd be happy to look into it, I would venture to guess it's similar if not worse in some cases.  Any idea where that information is located?
Crimson, you have too much free time on your hands.  LOL
Haha I thought there would be a website, not calling each school.  I'm not going to do that.