Softball pitch count

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Softball pitch count

Post by lgb87cape »

Game in game out the same pitcher pitches every game for these teams. Two three or more games in a week. I thought highschool athletics was to teach teamwork and it's not all about winning. Doesn't look like that to me. It's been said throwing under hand has less strain on the arm. Show me the study on it.  Where's the equality. If baseball has to scramble to find arms and worry about pitch counts softball needs to institute a pitch count as well....
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Softball pitch count

Post by knowitall »

https://www.shouldermadesimple.com/why- ... -softball/

I agree with you. Softball is all about the pitcher. The Queen and her court.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It's like that on all levels of softball.  Are any softball pitchers getting tommy john surgery?

Baseball teams aren't playing softball teams, are they? If baseball has to have a pitch count, who cares what softball is doing? What vindication is there?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

From what I have heard, the PIAA will be implementing a pitch count rule sooner than later. Possibly next spring. Any truth to this?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

http://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high- ... /28289289/
I believe for women it's Tammy Jane Surgery.  I do know of a girl or two locally who has been unable to pitch due to arm issues.  There are inning limits for girls in the local youth leagues.  It is three per game.  
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Just because the OP can't find any studies on the motion and /or stresses of throwing underhanded compared to overhand, doesn't mean they aren't there. A decent softball team, male, may throw the same pitcher 5 games in one day in a tournament. Guys like Jarvis and Mehall would do this as a routine for many years. Maybe the ladies need to make up for the testosterone component in their muscle mass? Look at some of those college girls. Many of us used to refer to them as home-grown, corn-fed tomboys.
It ain't over until it's over.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

If its in the name of injury prevention, fine. I'm all for it.  If its out of vindication, then that is just crazy.