From the crucial 10 to next 22

The name says it all!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: From the crucial 10 to next 22

Post by dadw/2sons »

WE'RE 2 GAMES BACK!! 1-0 in the next crucial 22. Off to a great start on this nine game road streak. Neal, please get us another starting pitcher. I know people like Verlander and Darvish might be out of our range, but why are they. If there is control after this year, go get one of them and make Detroit pay for some of the Verlander money. Young guys that I would consider untouchables are: Taillion, Glasnow, Bell, Diaz, and Meadows. There seems to be a lot of young arms in the farm system to dangle. Neal, do your magic.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

dadw/2sons wrote:WE'RE 2 GAMES BACK!! 1-0 in the next crucial 22. Off to a great start on this nine game road streak. Neal, please get us another starting pitcher. I know people like Verlander and Darvish might be out of our range, but why are they. If there is control after this year, go get one of them and make Detroit pay for some of the Verlander money. Young guys that I would consider untouchables are: Taillion, Glasnow, Bell, Diaz, and Meadows. There seems to be a lot of young arms in the farm system to dangle. Neal, do your magi
Dervish is a free agent after this year and has a no trade clause with Pirates on that list. Verlander is just a name at this point.As far as untouchables , Glasgow is far from untouchable. Other than that I agree, we need another pitcher and hopefully a third baseman.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

If they keep winning at this rate, I'd feel inclined to go for it.  Trade Meadows, Keller, and Newman (top 3 prospects) for Sonny Gray.

Meadows is the only prospect I sort of want them to keep, since they aren't going to resign Cutch, but oh well. They'll figure it out if and when the time comes. 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I would agree. No one should be untouchable of you can get a young arm who is controllable for the next several seasons. Should be ALL IN!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

I didn't know Darvish was a free agent. I would still go after him, but at a lower price. I think Gray is out of our range with everybody going in that direction. We need to get some help.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Going 1-2 in Colorado probably is to be expected. We need to win at 4 from the Giants and Padres. The Cubs are getting scary with their streak. My rooting for the hated Cards didn't help much this weekend. Now I hope they continue losing and vanish from the race. I will root for the depleted White sox during the day and the Buccos at night.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

2-2 and 500 again. Would be nice to get a jump on MadBum tonight. I don;t think he is the same pitcher as before because of his injuries. We'll see if the offense can keep it going.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/244167456 ... e-targets/
How about Jeff Samardzija? This might be a direction for the Pirates to look.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Not a bad idea. Maybe we can trade for him before he pitches against us today. That way the Giants would have to name replacement and if Ray can do his magic on Samarjda? then he might be able to help the starters, We have had a pretty good with taming "sharks" and making them profitable for us. Jamo looked bad last night.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

6-13 against last place teams, that's just terrible.  I have given up