Pitt Stripe Out

The name says it all!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pitt Stripe Out

Post by abpk2903 »

Turn on the TV to watch Pitt's biggest (by far) home game of the year. Noticed they did a pretty cool stripe out for it. It appears they had everyone in the upper deck and open end zone wear yellow. Everyone else just seems to be wearing normal Pitt apparel. Pretty cool to see...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitt Stripe Out

Post by konjo78 »

Thats a huge blow to this program... the fact its being joked about online makes me sad...
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Did anybody see the end of the PSU/Georgia State game on Saturday night? With the score 56-0, and 11 seconds to go in the game, Georgia State lined up to kick a field goal. Right before the ball was hiked and the kicker started his motion, Coach Franklin called time out. The kick sailed thru the uprights, but of course, the field goal did not count. The next attempt was missed, keeping GSU off the scoreboard. Franklin gave some bonehead excuse that he had his 4th team kicking unit in, and they were struggling to line up properly. But the refs threw NO flag during the 1st attempt. WOW!! What goes around.....
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

We didn't have to see it. Pitt media hasn't stopped tweeting about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You know, last Friday FH had a 41-0 lead at halftime over BC. When the 2nd half started, FH subs played the rest of the game, not scoring ANY points and giving up 7 to the Huskies. I'm sure Don Bailey would have liked a shut-out. What coach wouldn't? Now take Coach Franklin. He FREEZES the GSU kicker, to PRESERVE his shut-out. PSU invites a team into their stadium, a team which has only been an FBS team for 8 years, slaughtered them, and then rubs it in their face at the end of the game. Franklin is NOT a gentleman. He's a cut-throat. With 9 regular season games to go, let's see what happens.
bleacherbum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pitt Stripe Out

Post by bleacherbum »

Wasn't just Pittsburgh media, lots of national media calling out Franklin for being such a classy guy?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There's Pitt media?
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:There's Pitt media?
If you find the Pitt media please share with us H2P guys 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

El-Moldo wrote:You know, last Friday FH had a 41-0 lead at halftime over BC. When the 2nd half started, FH subs played the rest of the game, not scoring ANY points and giving up 7 to the Huskies. I'm sure Don Bailey would have liked a shut-out. What coach wouldn't? Now take Coach Franklin. He FREEZES the GSU kicker, to PRESERVE his shut-out. PSU invites a team into their stadium, a team which has only been an FBS team for 8 years, slaughtered them, and then rubs it in their face at the end of the game. Franklin is NOT a gentleman. He's a cut-throat. With 9 regular season games to go, let's see what happens.
Yeah if they score a TD they score a TD not much u can do about that. BC wouldn't kick a FG just to avoid the shutout. That's equivalent to bunting to end a no hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I'm sure Pitt will sell more tickets to upcoming games with Rice and then historical rivals, NC State and Virginia.