What will President Trump do next???

Discuss all political matters here!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: What will President Trump do next???

Post by dadw/2sons »

I commend the Steelers and Coach Mike Tomlin's decision. When those players have on that Steeler uniform they are representing that organization. They do not lose their constitutional rights, however if their employer says they don't want a certain action done by them while they are at work, doesn't that employer have that right to tell their employees what they expect from them since they are paying their salaries? How many of us can go to our job and express our political opinions while we are on the clock without facing any consequences? The football field should NOT be the place of a political debate!!
CMM52
Junior
Junior

Post by CMM52 »

Could we not make the case that this wasn't made political until the media, then Donald Trump more recently made it political?  The guy who started this whole thing is no longer employed.  You have some others that were still doing it, but really gaining no attention at all.  Trump brought attention to it thus turning something rendering itself insignificant significant again and very political because well, he's a politician.  Let's not forget who he made his comments to either.  His comments were made at a predominantly white rally in Alabama.  He knows how to play the game.  Keep his supporters angry and they'll remain passionate, thus bring light to something that was fading.  Just my opinion though...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Problem is off the field isnt getting any attention while on the field is bringing it to a place where it cant be ignored.

He is the president leading all americans not just the ones who voted for him. He spent all weekend tweeting about football and basketball players while sounding like an entilted ahole.

Ill ask you this before all the kneeling did this conversation ever take place for a majority of people? Id say the answer is no so its a bit idiotic to say that it is doing nothing.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

dadw/2sons wrote:I commend the Steelers and Coach Mike Tomlin's decision. When those players have on that Steeler uniform they are representing that organization. They do not lose their constitutional rights, however if their employer says they don't want a certain action done by them while they are at work, doesn't that employer have that right to tell their employees what they expect from them since they are paying their salaries? How many of us can go to our job and express our political opinions while we are on the clock without facing any consequences? The football field should NOT be the place of a political debate!!
I agree owners have the rigbt but majority, a large majority, of owners have not only said they allowed it but are proud they let can allow freedom of speech in their work place.
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

How many of you, that lean right, actually feel comfortable and safe saying what you believe at work?
bleacherbum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

What will President Trump do next???

Post by bleacherbum »

Yeah right, Owners and the NFL are both two faced. Let a player bad mouth a owner ,his team or an official or God forbid the NFL (brand ) to the media and watch how fast their freedom of speech get fined!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I believe we all knew about this before Kaepernick started his stuff. How could we not forget with the media showing someone getting shot every week? Then the rioting in Baltimore and Ferguson. The ambushing of cops in Dallas, New York and others. Remember how the media tells us everyday of how this stuff is happening, but them they leave out all the other numbers that tell the true story.
See these numbers
The problem is in the communities.Too many people in too small of areas with lack of jobs, housing, family structure, good schooling, etc. Drugs! That's half the crime committed, especially in our local area. You have to start from the bottom and work your way up. I believe around 880 people were killed by police this year. Yes, this is bad, but given the big picture that's a relatively small number. Police forces are working hard to keep that number down, but it will always happen. Not all of these are from bad cops like they'll tell you. A lot of anxious people in tough situations making split second decisions that could be life saving. The real animal they should be facing is crime/drugs/community. Fix these issues and the others will improve.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Most times I wish the President would lay off the tweets but in this case he helped expose everyone’s true feelings. Sure he is to represent all Americans, but the last President was supposed to as well, and he did many things that didn’t represent me. He seemed to incite his own violence at times, almost encouraging violent protest and police shootings.

Now I know where my team, and all teams, stand. As of yesterday, I am done with the NFL. Never thought I would say that. I don’t need the politics. I don’t need announcers lecturing me. They are all millionaires talking about oppression. Do it on your own time. The only one I saw doing the right thing yesterday was Villanueva, and Tomlin got ticked at him for doing it.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I think there are few people mad about why they're doing it. I believe 98.6% (not degrees) of people are upset because of the anthem and flag. Do this differently. Have a uniform change or something. The anthem and the flag should be held to the same standard as the constitution, declaration of independence, or the Capitol building.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

TheAnalyst wrote:Most times I wish the President would lay off the tweets but in this case he helped expose everyone’s true feelings.  Sure he is to represent all Americans, but the last President was supposed to as well, and he did many things that didn’t represent me.  He seemed to incite his own violence at times, almost encouraging violentme.  They are all millionaires talking about oppression.  Do it on your own time.  The only one I saw doing the right thing yesterday was Villanueva, and Tomlin got ticked at him for doing it.
Excellent post.  I didn't see any players get up in arms about Kap wearing his 'Cops are Pigs' socks, or the many players that have domestic violence rap sheets, or Ray Lewis being involved in a double-homicide.  They are still whining about the fact that Trump won, and he called them out on their garbage.