What will President Trump do next???

Discuss all political matters here!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: What will President Trump do next???

Post by 12HankQB »

everett wrote:
TheAnalyst wrote:Most times I wish the President would lay off the tweets but in this case he helped expose everyone’s true feelings.  Sure he is to represent all Americans, but the last President was supposed to as well, and he did many things that didn’t represent me.  He seemed to incite his own violence at times, almost encouraging violentme.  They are all millionaires talking about oppression.  Do it on your own time.  The only one I saw doing the right thing yesterday was Villanueva, and Tomlin got ticked at him for doing it.
Excellent post.  I didn't see any players get up in arms about Kap wearing his 'Cops are Pigs' socks, or the many players that have domestic violence rap sheets, or Ray Lewis being involved in a double-homicide.  They are still whining about the fact that Trump won, and he called them out on their garbage. 
Trump just needs to go to Tweeters Anonymous. 
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Does anyone have to stand for the playing of the national anthem before their job?
bleacherbum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bleacherbum »

No, I don't but I do have to STAND in front of a time clock every morning and wait until it strikes 6:00 am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Yes.  Anyone who plays professional sports.  Or even amateur sports for that matter.  

I don't need the political statement.  I watch sports to watch sports.  If I want political commentary I will watch CNN, Fox, or whatever.  It's why I can hardly stand to watch the Olympics anymore.  Bob Costas spends most of his time veering into left field on some political rant.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Does anyone have to stand for the playing of the national anthem before their job?
No, but that misses the point. When the anthem plays while you're in attendance, you stand and face the flag. Prior to 2009, players were in the locker room for the anthem. If they're in the locker room fine, but if you're on the field, stand. I hate when people talk or text during the anthem at a high school game let alone on a grand stage.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Im guessing all of us here stand for the national anthem when they play it for sporting events, not just sit on our couches and watch it.

And saying 98.7% of people are mad at the players is stupid... Id say over 50% of the people watching the nfl support the owners/players on the issue and less than 50% support the presidents beliefs.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

TheAnalyst wrote:Yes.  Anyone who plays professional sports.  Or even amateur sports for that matter.  

I don't need the political statement.  I watch sports to watch sports.  If I want political commentary I will watch CNN, Fox, or whatever.  It's why I can hardly stand to watch the Olympics anymore.  Bob Costas spends most of his time veering into left field on some political rant.
I agree, sports are sports and politics are politics.  If the anthem is now a political statement, why play the anthem at all? It's not going to hurt anyone if they play the game without the anthem.

Here's a question for everyone, if it were not for sports, how many times in your life have you heard the national anthem?  It sounds stupid, but I'm having trouble placing when I've heard the anthem outside a sporting event. Obviously I have, but not many times.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I don't know if they do it now, but everyday in school started with the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem. Oh, and how could I forget 12:00 on Froggy 95
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I'm a Key96 guy.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'm a Key96 guy.
You must still have a choice...