What will President Trump do next???

Discuss all political matters here!
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: What will President Trump do next???

Post by TheAnalyst »

Fireworks displays is about the only thing I can think of.

I don't think not playing the anthem is the answer. They will find another way to protest. So now at the Olympics, are athletes going to kneel on the podium to show how oppressed they are. I'm sure other countries athletes and citizens will feel their pain.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Its great to see all of the compassion preached by Jesus is alive and well in the USA!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
TheAnalyst wrote:Yes.  Anyone who plays professional sports.  Or even amateur sports for that matter.  

I don't need the political statement.  I watch sports to watch sports.  If I want political commentary I will watch CNN, Fox, or whatever.  It's why I can hardly stand to watch the Olympics anymore.  Bob Costas spends most of his time veering into left field on some political rant.
I agree, sports are sports and politics are politics.  If the anthem is now a political statement, why play the anthem at all? It's not going to hurt anyone if they play the game without the anthem.

Here's a question for everyone, if it were not for sports, how many times in your life have you heard the national anthem?  It sounds stupid, but I'm having trouble placing when I've heard the anthem outside a sporting event. Obviously I have, but not many times.
Good question.  I hear it every year at the Memorial Day parade and ceremony in Conemaugh.  And that's all I can think of.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

223113 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:
223113 wrote: Are you for real?
You do the typical Lib thing, and state something that is 180° from reality, and you don't see the mindlessness of your statement. 
Transgenders are 0.43% of the U.S. population,...less than 1/2%,...less than 1 in 200...
The making America a "me" country started when all the special interest groups put Their interests ahead of the country, and worse, expect the other 99.57% to get onboard, pass laws, etc.
All special interests have a common drum beat,...they accuse the vast majority of America of the Very Thing that they do,...intolerance.
We just are Expected to accept every sick, demented thing that comes down the pike,...or we're labelled as intolerant.
But, ....why is prayer, and the Ten Commandments not tolerated in schools? It's not like they're telling people to do bad things, quite the opposite. It's because the special interest groups don't want reminders that some things about their lifestyle might be immoral.
The tail wags the dog in America, and has for some time now.
They are a small percentage but polling america they have more than 50% support of people... no where in the 10 commandments do i see anywhere the commandment to judge and condemn others
...and nowhere in my post did I judge and condemn anyone. They're people with issues, some medical, physical, and/or psychological. We all can have those kinds of issues. My point is that you don't try to enact laws that adversely affect the 99.57% of society, like the 0.43% is More Important than the rest of us.
This guy makes my point more eloquently than I did.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

say_oww wrote:Its great to see all of the compassion preached by Jesus is alive and well in the USA!
I do have compassion for them. Who is being judgmental now, if not you, and your buddy konjo78? You don't know my mind, or heart.
But, having compassion for them doesn't mean we Redefine what a male/female is.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I'm offended. Can I vote -3 myself?
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

223113 wrote:
223113 wrote:
konjo78 wrote: They are a small percentage but polling america they have more than 50% support of people... no where in the 10 commandments do i see anywhere the commandment to judge and condemn others
...and nowhere in my post did I judge and condemn anyone. They're people with issues, some medical, physical, and/or psychological. We all can have those kinds of issues. My point is that you don't try to enact laws that adversely affect the 99.57% of society, like the 0.43% is More Important than the rest of us.
This guy makes my point more eloquently than I did.
This is my favorite video of his.....in the name "Boy Scouts"
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

223113 wrote:
say_oww wrote:Its great to see all of the compassion preached by Jesus is alive and well in the USA!
I do have compassion for them. Who is being judgmental now, if not you, and your buddy konjo78? You don't know my mind, or heart.
Why don't you ask Jesus?  I'll let Him be the judge.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

say_oww wrote:
223113 wrote:
Why don't you ask Jesus?  I'll let Him be the judge.
Well since we can't assume genders any more, you shouldn't assume his religion. 223113 might be practicing voodoo.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Now thats funny, I don't care who y'are!
It ain't over until it's over.