Steelers

The name says it all!
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Steelers

Post by Earl34 »

I feel pretty confident in saying if o brien had big Ben for as many years as tomlin, o brien record would be significantly better than it ts.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Earl34 wrote:I feel pretty confident in saying if o brien had big Ben for as many years as tomlin, o brien record would be significantly better than it ts.
Maybe but if his defense with all the talent it has now cant succeed when it needs to cant imagine where pittsburgh would of been without him
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Another wrong coach let go. All Saxon did was coach Adrian Peterson and then LeVeon Bell to superstardom.
It ain't over until it's over.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Manfred wrote:Another wrong coach let go.  All Saxon did was coach Adrian Peterson and then LeVeon Bell to superstardom.
I agreed with the Porter release, but this one makes zero sense.  A lot of people are scape-goats for Tomlins lack of leadership (Arians, Haley, Saxon, LeBeau, etc)---but yet nothing changes year-to-year with this team, even when those that were blamed are gone?!?.  And to those that disagree, you now have Ryan Clark, DeAngelo Williams, and James Harrison also giving insights and clips of what goes on in that locker room, and how Tomlin has lost the team. 
Sad part is they are going as far as trade talk for Brown, and although a complete diva, that would be a huge mistake to let him go.  All due to lack of accountability in the locker room, and no true leader of a HC. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The Steelers were 31st out of 32 teams in rushing yards.  I think James Conner is pretty good, and he finished 11th in the league in rushing and missed three games.  So I don't know what the issue is overall, but you had a productive running back, a very good offensive line, and finished 31st in rushing yards.  

The Steelers would abandon the run a lot, so I'm not sure - it's just a weird combination. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Tomlin cant exactly control these divas actions.

Heck he benched brown one week and now brown is not showing up to the facility and not talking with the team at all. He is posting instagram stuff with james harrison and liking twitter posts about being traded.

Seems like whenever he was going to be held accountable his reaction would be just not showing up. Not really Tomlins fault there
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Did I mention lack of on field/locker room leadership ?
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

konjo78 wrote:Tomlin cant exactly control these divas actions.

Heck he benched brown one week and now brown is not showing up to the facility and not talking with the team at all. He is posting instagram stuff with james harrison and liking twitter posts about being traded.

Seems like whenever he was going to be held accountable his reaction would be just not showing up. Not really Tomlins fault there
The move of benching Brown, and the timing of it, is too late when you're talking about accountability.  If Tomlin had control of this team, it would have never got to this point in the first place.  It's called enabling the behavior, and for years, Tomlin has enabled the bad behavior by not holding people accountable for bad behavior.  It's no different in any other work place.  You don't have to "like" your boss, but you need to respect him/her.  If you like your boss but have no respect for that person as a leader, it falls apart.  This is what's happening to Tomlin.  He has been a players coach for years, with no accountability.  Now that things are falling apart for him, he's trying to make an attempt at accountability.  The problem though, the core respect from his players isn't there.  So it's too late.  He has lost this team and it is time for him to move on to his life's work.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Amen.

Tomlin, an enabler of bad behavior....
Seems like I've heard that somewhere before.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Look at how many players have been benched, released, or traded from the steelers under tomlin for bad behavior and youll realize how stupid you all sound.

Santonio holmes? Traded. James harrison? released.

Leveon bell? Benched. Bryant? Benched and traded. Blount? Released

There have been a bunch of guys discplined on the steelers during his reign... A whole lot more than any org i know out there.