Cassidy to Bedford

Shoot the half!!!
Wercrlions
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Cassidy to Bedford

Post by Wercrlions »

Wrestler that’s been in it this long should already be past this- his dad did make him go shake coaches hands a bit afterwards 
mstaken1986
Freshman
Freshman

Post by mstaken1986 »

I agree, people were not booing because he won they were booing because of what he did.  Everyone keeps saying they booed a “kid’ everyone has to learn there are consequences and reactions to your actions, the boos was the crowds reaction.  That’s all it was nothing about his wrestling or skills, it was solely based on his actions.  And Cornell didn’t deserve the extra drama , Cassidy should think how it made him feel too.  Just shake hands and be done like any other match.  Yes be happy but also humble
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Why do sports fans get upset when a high school student does something like this but they have no problems when profession athlete does the same thing?
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

old school wrote:Why do sports fans get upset when a high school student does something like this but they have no problems when profession athlete does the same thing?
Good point.  I have a #84 black & gold jersey for sale, cheap, just like his character.
It ain't over until it's over.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Good point old school..  Kaden is a good kid, good student, hard worker and has volunteered help with youth wrestling some.  I would have preferred not to see the celebration, but I dont think it was towards anyone other than his buddies in the stands.  I know his dad took him over to personally apologize to the Everett coaches after the match.  I dont expect we will see it again.  Hopefully we get to see a few more matchups between the 2.  
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

old school wrote:Why do sports fans get upset when a high school student does something like this but they have no problems when profession athlete does the same thing?
I do not believe that there are ANY "sports fans" who get upset when a HS student "does something like this" and has no problem when a professional athlete does the same thing ... do you know anyone who does?
Or ... are there sports fans who get upset when any athlete "does something like this" (HS or college or pro) *AND* there are sports fans who do not get upset when any athlete "does something like this"?  I think that's the case ... and you are mixing the 2 populations.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

What exactly happened?
footballmadness
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballmadness »

Cassidy beat the kid from Everett and did the "feed me" motion (aka Elliott of Cowboys), and the crowd booed him. He apologized to the coach but not the other wrestler.
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by west33 »

I don’t see anything wrong with that. He won a tough match and beat a kid he lost too earlier. Kids mimic star athletes nowadays and he just copied Zeke Elliot’s move. No harm to the other kid or coach! Now that desanto from Iowa is a turd! He’s cocky and arrogant and gets in the other wrestlers face and talks **** when he wins! That’s wrong. Don’t see any wrong in what Cassidy did! The boy got fed and needs more like Popeye and avenged an earlier loss!
Wercrlions
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wercrlions »

This is pa high school wrestling- we expect higher standards - the day my boy threw his head gear after a loss he had not do it again or wrestle without