Coaching Carousel

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Bagman wrote:I hear there is a pretty good group of talent coming up in Tyrone . You see this all the time when coaches show up just as the talent is arriving and become the hero. Funny how the coaches leave when the talent dries up because of personal reasons , work schedule etc. but show up again when the talent returns. This includes assistants as well.
Not sure what you meant by that, but JF put in 18 years at Tyrone the first time around... that included unbeaten seasons with groups that failed to win 3 games in Jr high and turning a guard into a 1500 yd RB because there were no backs to pick from.... talent plays a big part in success but to infer what it sounds like is plain freaking ridiculous 
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Yea bagman cause Franco knew after 2011 the talent was gone. You tell me James Oliver was a nobody or Alec Hunter or Ricky Reader or Tommy Hicks or Gripp and there are plenty of others since he left. The talent is there. So don't act like he wants to come back all of a sudden cause now they have superstars.
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

kmr wrote:What's the chances of Wheeler leaving BG for Altoona?
From what I heard, wheeler wouldn’t touch Altoona because of Riccio & the way the previous coaches have been treated there. Now, would he go to PC if Franco leaves? He teaches there & lives in the district I believe. Maybe that is what the guru was hinting at. 
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Franco is a great coach and thats a fact. But this definitely isn't a good look. And the PC school district? Id open the position immediately and do the same thing to him. We might take you back if we can't find anyone with a heart beat. Id put a package together and get on my knees and beg Wheeler.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Jimjohn81 wrote:Franco is a great coach and thats a fact. But this definitely isn't a good look.  And the PC school district?  Id open the position immediately and do the same thing to him. We might take you back if we can't find anyone with a heart beat.  Id put a package together and get on my knees and beg Wheeler.
i would too
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Calmor
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Calmor »

It will prove if he’s a good coach or not, I believe he is, if he can take over that program and produce victories for PC that’s a feather in his cap
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Wheeler better stay put at BG. You have to remember that you can't recruit at PC. Well at least it is harder. But since the district committee normally oks all transfers it doesn't really matter whether you are parochial or public in D6. Look at what Juniata Valley.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:Yea bagman cause Franco knew after 2011 the talent was gone. You tell me James Oliver was a nobody or Alec Hunter or Ricky Reader or Tommy Hicks or Gripp and there are plenty of others since he left. The talent is there. So don't act like he wants to come back all of a sudden cause now they have superstars.
2011 Franco knew what James Oliver was, and what was coming in Jr High. The 2014 team was a pretty special group throughout the lineup, Hunter and Reader weren't even the most accomplished from that squad. He had to leave, and was pretty much blackmailed by Altoona with his pension. Its true, there is talent there, but you compare player to player you wouldn't select many from the current team if any. Wilson tried to save it, adapting a new offense, changing coaches, and just couldn't get it to work. I think that is where Franco excels, getting Orange Juice out of Apples. I believe someone did mention how he changed Glace from a guard to a 1500 yard back. Guthoff has 17 wins in 2 seasons, Wilson put up 21 wins in his first 2 season with the Franco system remnants.  You want Franco back, the talent needs polished, structure and discipline. We are coming to a time when those initial players in the mid 90's have kids putting on the helmet. You don't want to miss out on another generational talent such as Oliver never making it out of the District Semis that Jr and Sr year, or one of the best offenses in school history being shut out to end the year against Hickory. I'm tired of watching 2 yard runs, goal line interceptions, and game altering personal fouls. Lets have players that know who is in charge. Yes Sir ! you want John back, and in a perfect world, you would get Wilson back in the booth for your defense. That's probably just a dream, like seeing a man in shorts and flannel in December. Here is hoping for 191 in August.  
-BIRDS OF PREY-
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

IHeartFootball2 wrote:
kmr wrote:What's the chances of Wheeler leaving BG for Altoona?
From what I heard, wheeler wouldn’t touch Altoona because of Riccio & the way the previous coaches have been treated there. Now, would he go to PC if Franco leaves? He teaches there & lives in the district I believe. Maybe that is what the guru was hinting at. 
I think Felus will end up at PC and I wouldn't be surprised with Wilson going to Huntingdon. There is a little history there, both Hoover and Jim Zauzig were Tyrone guys that migrated over the ridge. No facts just my opinion on those
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Actually Hoover and Zauzig were Huntingdon guys first .