ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 4

Post by ICCFan »

After 3 weeks my revised ICC rankings:
Top Tier:  1. Bellwood   2. Tussey Mt.  3. Juniata Valley  4. Northern Bedford
Middle Tier:  5. Claysburg  6. Mount Union  7. Southern Huntingdon
Bottom Feeders  8. Mo Valley  9. West Branch  10. Glendale  11. Everett  12. Williamsburg
This Weeks Picks:
Bellwood at Everett - Blue Devils all over hapless Wigwammers, Bellwood 55 Everett 2
Glendale at West Branch - Two in a row for the Vikings?  Nah!  WB 26 Glendale 16
Mo Valley at Claysburg - Bulldogs get #3 in a row as they try and crawl back into contention.  CK 34 Mo V 7
Southern Huntingdon at Mount Union -  This has the makings of an entertaining game.  SH has shown some good offense while MU relies on their Defense.  Defense rules the day!  Trojans 24 Rockets 22
Williamsburg at Juniata Valley - JV pushed Bellwood to the limit last week and appears to be improving rapidly as they did last year over the course of the season.  The local rival Pirates won't push the Hornets buttons at all in this blowout.  JV 48 W-burg 8
GAME of the WEEK
Northern Bedford at Tussey Mt. - Both these teams have some good skill players with speed and some good linemen.  The survivor of this one could have the best shot at anyone beating Bellwood this year.  This game will be closer than many might think.  Forget NBC's week one loss, it means nothing now and they seem to be rejuvenated.  This game will go to the fourth quarter and I wouldn't be shocked to see the upset but......I'll go with Tussey at home.  TM 30 NBC 28
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Re: ICC Week 4

Post by PAgridder2011 »

Question/ Comment:  I see NBC does not play Juniata Valley.  That would be a great game.  How does the ICC determine who each team plays.  Does each team rotate through every 2 years with certain protected rivalries?  Also, with 12 teams I would think 2 divisions and a conference championship would make sense, including week 10 cross overs based on finish.  That would also eliminate any advantage Heritage/ West pac crossovers gives.

Just wondering.
Sneakers2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sneakers2 »

Couple comments/ my two cents while reading some above posts...
Technically BA, TM, NB, and CK are 2-0 in the league right now as week 0 is not to count.JV, SH, MV and G are 1-1 and MU, WB, EVE and WIL are 0-2 so CK is in contention until a loss down the road...might not be until Oct 4 vs JV but you never know...
I might be wrong but here's what I've seen with the schedule... it's a modified rotating thing with the schedule...Some teams that are geographically close will never rotate off..(ex NB vs TM, Eve and CK...MU vs JV, and SH...WB vs MV and G...etc  will always play I'm sure I missed a couple)
...I believe WIL has been promised BA will never rotate on for them as the smallest in the league, that possibly could be true for CK also (BA never on that could possibly be not true)...That means all 9 other teams play BA yearly now.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Bellwood played both Claysburg and Williamsburg in seasons 1 & 2 under the current scheduling setup. This cycle (last year and this year) Bellwood is playing Juniata Valley and Tussey Mountain instead.
Sneakers2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sneakers2 »

My bad!
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Sneakers2 wrote:My bad!
All good! The schedule is a bit confusing with the first week not counting, some teams playing non-conference games that week and others playing 10 ICC teams only. I believe it's either 5 or 6 locked and the others rotate. Mount Union played Claysburg, Glendale, and NBC the first two seasons. The past two they've played Claysburg, Mo Valley, and Williamsburg.

If it's 5 locked, I assume that next season Claysburg will drop off completely and either Mo Valley or WIlliamsburg will stay and Glendale and Northern Bedford will be back on the schedule again.

Coach was the one who originally posted the schedule sample/format back in 2016, he'd probably know best.

--

I liked the divisional setup and the chance for a championship matchup in the final week is intriguing. However I like the rotation of opponents as well. I'd hate to have a local team like Tussey Mountain (formerly in the Silver division) or Juniata Valley (formerly in the North/Silver division) rotate off Mount Union's schedule though.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

We were originally to play JV. Everett was not. Everett had C Ridge scheduled. Ridge went to LHAC. Everett and Central (also to play CR) has openings. This gave NB an opportunity to play Central for the first time in decades for 2 years. Eve took JV and and NB took Central. It worked for 2 years because of other crossover games like MU-Hunt, PO-WB, Bell-Tyr  
There are lock in teams that do not rotate off.  These teams are geographic or rivalry based. 
This year we didn’t play JV or MU  MU was off because of the rotation  JV because of Central.
Next year, We play everyone except West Branch I believe.  It is that way for two years.  Then the next two years I believe Bellwood rotates off for us.  So, I believe we have 5, 6 locked games and 5,6 rotate games.  We are locked with teams like TM, Eve, CK.  Mo Valley is likely locked to West Branch, Glendale, etc.  
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Coach...I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. When you say “we” who are you with?
Also I hope they let the AA schools play each other every year. It would help those schools in playoff points. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Aiks19 wrote:Coach...I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. When you say “we” who are you with?
Also I hope they let the AA schools play each other every year. It would help those schools in playoff points. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's referring to Northern Bedford.
The former gold/silver alignment would allow all the AA teams to play every year.