Bedford- Ridge

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Re: Bedford- Ridge

Post by CharlieConway »

knowitall wrote:Pretty big matchup in Somerset County Friday night too.  Meyersdale and Berlin faceoff.  Both are also 6-0.
Nice!  That should go under the Meyersdale-Berlin thread.  Sounds like a good one!
Thanks!
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Typical CharlieConway response
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

PAMDGrappler wrote:Typical CharlieConway response
I kid, I kid. I'd like to think I am unpredictable and wouldn't be labeled typical. LOL.

I apologize PAMDGrappler.  Sometimes I forget that I laugh at my own jokes.

PAFootball News at Week 6 had Chestnut Ridge 8th in AA and Bedford an Honorable Mention at AAA.  Their Week 7, I couldn't find.  I know there are a ton of other polls out there.  Pennlive doesn't have either team listed.  But I think it probably coverage area biases, which is fine.  Print toward your audience, I guess.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:PennLive has Chestnut Ridge as No. 5 in the state this week in AA.

https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolsports/football/2019/10/pennsylvania-high-school-football-week-6-rankings.html
Good find!  I have no clue what I was looking at earlier.  Its been a rough morning!!  :)]
Thanks!
silentbob
Senior
Senior

A unit Re: Bedford- Ridge

Post by silentbob »

Very interesting game!!

Bedford and CR I dont think have ever played this deep into a season undefeated. This is one of the best rivalry games around, with families and friends on both sides, who probably wont like each other much this week.

CR

Seems to make tons of big plays! They have a super explosive QB who can also throw the ball pretty well. I think they have good athletes surrounding Phister but not any stars. They appear to be a little young upfront. I think as a unit they are average at best. Both O and D lines lost alot from last year. But they have a stud there in Knisley..??

Bedford- seems to be pretty balanced. I dont think they have any Phisters. But they seem to have really good football players all over the field at the O skill positions. I think their O line is pretty big and experienced. On D they have been impressive. They are physical and get after the ball well.

I think it comes down to, can Bedford contain Phister and the CR big play. Can CR slow down the Bedford option and stable of skill kids Bedford has.

I'm taking Bedford to win this one. I think they win the battles upfront and limit big plays. But it should be an exciting night for anyone that can make it to the game.
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Interesting. Was just trying to look up stats for the teams.

It would appear CR has huge advantage in the pass game. Phister almost 1000 yards Bedford combined around 400 for 2 QBs.

Tackles are interesting as well..

CR has 4 kids in the top 10 in tackles and 6 in top 20 in the LHAC?? I dont think Bedford had any in the top 30... CR has 6 kids listed with more tackles then Bedfords #1?? I know stats may not be accurate and tackles seem to be subjective school to school.
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pahntr »

The discrepancy in tackles can be explained by the difference in their offenses. I have not watched a ton of CR football this season, but if they do capitalize on big plays often that means their defense is on the field more...thus, higher tackles numbers because they defend more plays. In comparison, Bedford seems to sustain drives and possess ball, therefore they defend less offensive plays from their opponents. Bedford has also been pretty suffocating on defense and limited their opponents to not running many plays by forcing punts. 
I haven't studied data to make these statements so I could be missing something, but it would seem to make sense that there is just a different style of FB being played between these two teams this season. Not taking anything away from either of them, they are both playing at a high level.  Good luck to both programs. Should be a great game. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Tackling statistics can be disorganized, depends who is counting them and how they are counting them. The computer program colleges use (and some high schools) only allow for two kids at maximum to get credit for a tackle on a given play. So if 10 kids jump on the pile, only 2 kids are getting credit for it.  I know Johnstown and McCort use that stat program and their stats are done during the game not in film afterwards, not sure about the rest of the league and how they do it. 
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Yeah,

Most legit tackles can have 2 kids max IMO. Some of these look like anyone within the camera frame is getting credit for tackles.