10/11 Scores

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 10/11 Scores

Post by PortagePride »

Well now that we know its Portage vs Ligonier Valley....what do you do If you're Coach Gouse and the Mustang's? Essentially this game won't mean much to Portage besides I suppose Westpac Pride maybe? Portage will almost certainly have the #1 or #2 seed in D6A locked up and have a good chance to make a run at their elusive District Championship. So do you play your starters early to test out how it could go and then first sign its going downhill pull them all so that no Injuries occur? It's a bigger picture thing here for Portage. In MY opinion and the risk of possible injury(which the mustangs have already had their fair share this season) Isn't worth the reward of maybe taking a shot at a lets be honest here, worthless Appalachian Bowl trophy.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

No offense to JV or BG, but I think Portage is the favorite this year in single-A. Pride aside, why risk what is your best opportunity to win a district championship over this game?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

PortagePride wrote:Well now that we know its Portage vs Ligonier Valley....what do you do If you're Coach Gouse and the Mustang's? Essentially this game won't mean much to Portage besides I suppose Westpac Pride maybe? Portage will almost certainly have the #1 or #2 seed in D6A locked up and have a good chance to make a run at their elusive District Championship. So do you play your starters early to test out how it could go and then first sign its going downhill pull them all so that no Injuries occur? It's a bigger picture thing here for Portage. In MY opinion and the risk of possible injury(which the mustangs have already had their fair share this season) Isn't worth the reward of maybe taking a shot at a lets be honest here, worthless Appalachian Bowl trophy.
You mean when your starting qb gets hurt in the 4th quarter when you are up by 40.  At least there will be excuses when Gouse still does not have a district title to go with his 200 wins.
How is the risk any different for LV, 
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
PortagePride wrote:Well now that we know its Portage vs Ligonier Valley....what do you do If you're Coach Gouse and the Mustang's? Essentially this game won't mean much to Portage besides I suppose Westpac Pride maybe? Portage will almost certainly have the #1 or #2 seed in D6A locked up and have a good chance to make a run at their elusive District Championship. So do you play your starters early to test out how it could go and then first sign its going downhill pull them all so that no Injuries occur? It's a bigger picture thing here for Portage. In MY opinion and the risk of possible injury(which the mustangs have already had their fair share this season) Isn't worth the reward of maybe taking a shot at a lets be honest here, worthless Appalachian Bowl trophy.
You mean when your starting qb gets hurt in the 4th quarter when you are up by 40.  At least there will be excuses when Gouse still does not have a district title to go with his 200 wins.
How is the risk any different for LV, 
Price has played in the 4th Quarter in three games I think this season(Berlin, Meyersdale and Windber). I never said the risk would be any different for LV In my post. I'm just talking from the Portage perspective. I'm still going by what I said and have the starters play the first quarter and go from there. If we're down by three touchdown's or more, you pull most or all of them. It's just not worth It.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

upnorth wrote:No offense to JV or BG, but I think Portage is the favorite this year in single-A.  Pride aside, why risk what is your best opportunity to win a district championship over this game?
Who's favorite outside of Portage? BG might not even be the best Class A team in the LHAC that will be determined in two weeks. Let's see how things play out before we hand the Mustangs the D6 trophy. In the playoffs you just never know, ask Homer Center and Juniata Valley the last few years. Not many folks were on here telling us that they were the favorites they just did it.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

This is the sad part, I remember when teams cared more about winning Appalachian Championships more than Districts. Those were some truly great games. Now people actually worry about how to get out of a game without injuries more than they care about winning or God forbid why even think your team maybe pulls off an upset? Stranger things have happened.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Portage will be top 4 so they will already have a bye. You play sports to play and ( hopefully ) beat the best. Play it like any other game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk