Appalachian Bowl

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Appalachian Bowl

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Hopefully both these teams stayed healthy and are hoisting district gold in a couple weeks.
Red and Black
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Red and Black »

I respect West Shamokin a lot. They will not complain about playing Ligonier Valley.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Hopefully both these teams stayed healthy and are hoisting district gold in a couple weeks.
Unfortunately LV's running back Miller was carried off the field with a leg Injury. Hope the young man Isn't hurt badly and can come back for the playoffs but he wasn't putting any weight on his leg and was rolling around In some pain with the QB holding his hands on the ground consoling him. He was Injured late in the 3rd Quarter up 42-0 or 48-0, he already had 200+ yards rushing and 3TD's. If this was Portage RB/QB I'd be typing the same thing right now.....WHY WAS HE STILL IN THE GAME?!?!?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

PortagePride wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:Hopefully both these teams stayed healthy and are hoisting district gold in a couple weeks.
Unfortunately LV's running back Miller was carried off the field with a leg Injury. Hope the young man Isn't hurt badly and can come back for the playoffs but he wasn't putting any weight on his leg and was rolling around In some pain with the QB holding his hands on the ground consoling him. He was Injured late in the 3rd Quarter up 42-0 or 48-0, he already had 200+ yards rushing and 3TD's. If this was Portage RB/QB I'd be typing the same thing right now.....WHY WAS HE STILL IN THE GAME?!?!?
Got to get them stats. I said the same thing when Tobias was in the whole game vs Tyrone. I know he wants that td record but if he got hurt then a district title would be no chance for PV.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

West Shamokin is a "AA" school, of course they would not complain about playing another "AA" school!
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

PaSportsGuy wrote:I hope Ligonier Valley can keep a few of these teams on their schedule next season.. Not sure what to expect in the WPIAL compared to what they are playing now.
Looking at the WPIAL schedules, I don't believe that Ligonier will be playing many Heritage schools. It seems that their out of section foes are almost always other WPIAL teams. The move of the Rams to the WPIAL is bittersweet to me. Yes, I believe that the move from the Heritage should have happened when the consolidation took place in 2010. However, as a Laurel Valley alumnus, I have been watching the Rams competing against most of the Heritage and Westpac teams going back five decades. They will be missed and I wish them all good luck. If by chance Ligonier can keep any of them on their schedule, I would hope they would be United, Homer and Blairsville.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

tubmill wrote:
PaSportsGuy wrote:I hope Ligonier Valley can keep a few of these teams on their schedule next season.. Not sure what to expect in the WPIAL compared to what they are playing now.
Looking at the WPIAL schedules, I don't believe that Ligonier will be playing many Heritage schools. It seems that their out of section foes are almost always other WPIAL teams. The move of the Rams to the WPIAL is bittersweet to me. Yes, I believe that the move from the Heritage should have happened when the consolidation took place in 2010. However, as a Laurel Valley alumnus, I have been watching the Rams competing against most of the Heritage and Westpac teams going back five decades. They will be missed and I wish them all good luck. If by chance Ligonier can keep any of them on their schedule, I would hope they would be United, Homer and Blairsville.
Tubmill, the problem with that is that those teams would have to want to play Ligonier.  I don't think they do.  I do have some good news though.  It appears, the push to by the WPIAL to go to muli-class geographical conferences (based more on them making money at Heinz more than anything) is meeting significant push back from 80-90% percent of the membership.  Turns out coaches and AD's would rather travel a little bit to play schools their own size, who'd of thunk it.  That's huge for Ligonier.  Instead of being lumped in with Derry, Elizabeth Forward, and Maybe even Belle Vernon (and getting a taste of their own medicine so to speak), they will play a largely 2A schedule with schools their size.  Southmoreland and Charleroi to name a few close by.  Thanks to some common sense they will continue to compete, they won't win 36 in a row by mercy rule.  However, they will probably be yearly play-off participants and once in a while make a run to try to get to Heinz Field.  If you think the parade's for the Appy Bowl titles were nice, just imagine the communitys excitement if they were ever to make it to Heinz.  I think the best thing for LV folks is just to move on not look back, save the twitter hate and look forward to a new age full of opportunities for all of LV's student athletes, one where they will face adversity, defeats, and fierce competition, and have the ability to come out on the other side with a true appreciation competition.  Despite all of their championships that is the one thing those kids aren't getting. 
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

PortagePride and Goldeneagle12, LV's running back #29 was injured when the score was 33-0.....with over 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....not 42-0 or 48-0 like previously stated....the mercy rule wasn't even in effect yet....when should starters be removed??? 21-0...28-0....33-0....nobody wants to see injuries, but unfortunately they part of the game....it's unfortunate when any gets injured, not just the star players....so maybe the game should be called when it's 35-0 instead of a running clock....we wouldn't want to have any JV guys get seriously injured when the game is already in hand right? The QB for LV scored a few plays after #29 came out and enforced the mercy rule....the last 3 TD's were by the JV team....maybe the game should've been called at 39-0....you know, so no one got injured.....it has nothing to do with stats....#29 for LV is the leading rusher in the area and has over 140 less carries than the #2 rusher....he might get a carry or two in the 2nd half of almost every game....I hope he's ok, but that is part of the game....
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

tubmill wrote:
Can you name a single wpial school that plays a Heritage school? The Heritage is going to replace them and there will be no possible way for them to play any Heritage schools in football
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

LV has  has a great program , they need to leave the heritage conference to take the next step , a state title. It will be a chalange but possible. A few years ago they would have Won the states if they were in the wpial, I do think they will be AAA when they do the next reclassification as they are only three students away now. Good Luck to LV and I hope The heritage conference can find a replacement.Apollo Ridge would be nice.  The  Schedule is made up By the wpial So they won’t be playing any D6 teams.