Accolades

Hardwood chatter
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Accolades

Post by Manfred »

Just a shout out to Carol Cecere for a well-deserved PIAA 4A Ladies' hoops Coach of the Year! 30 years already? That in itself deserves a great award! Personally very disappointed that the season ended the way it did, but a lot to look forward to next season with 4 junior starters returning. Provided the harbinger of a second round of virus lockdowns doesn't happen. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Accolades

Post by Manfred »

196 'looks' since yesterday, yet not one person had anything to say, positive -or- negative. This thread can also include the all-state team selections. IMHO, all selections are to be applauded for their achievements by their peers and fans.
Bballfan123
Junior
Junior

Post by Bballfan123 »

Overall disappointed in the lack of western pa representation in the all state teams on the girls side. It looks very east side heavy. Particularly double a girls that had four of the top 8 teams.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Agreed, and bravo, Bballfan123 for having the gumption to reply, out of nearly 400 lookers. It seemed like a harmless enough topic to start some conversations, but I guess like the news media, unless someone is looking to smear someone else, it isn't interesting enough. My $ .02
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Congrats to FH Coach Cecere, they had an excellent season and the honor was well-deserved. I'm not crazy about teams moving-up to avoid competition and hang banners, but can't deny that this team is deserving. You know you have built a good program when you have people willing to pick-up and move their families so that they can play for your team.

Nothing at all against the player, but how do you get picked all-state having only played in 10 games?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Reputation of the school? Media bias/ hype? Was said player proven to be past all-state or at least honorable mention? Which they don't seem to have any more. Thanks for the reply CM and for your support for the Lady Rangers.
badguy
Junior
Junior

Post by badguy »

BA's Alli Campbell 3X AA Player of the Year is an impressive feat. Too bad we'll never know if BA and BG would have met for a rematch of D6 Title game in Hershey. This would have matched POY vs. BG's Kaack COY.

BA's gonna miss this senior class, it was a great run from Hollen to Swogger to Campbell. Who's got next?

When do the boy's All State Teams come out?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

My opinion: Kaack got her COY because of the 1 game she beat Carol Cecere.
Lionspride
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Lionspride »

Manfred wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:11 pm My opinion: Kaack got her COY because of the 1 game she beat Carol Cecere.
Makes sense, cause beating a 2 time state champ had nothing to do with coach Kaack winning coy. Much more impressive beating a perennial district champion that flames out in the state tournament. Year. After. Year. Run to the weaker classification. You’re a 🤡
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Congrats on a great season. Too bad teams weren’t able to finish off the last week and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk