Kyle Silk to St. Vincent

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Kyle Silk to St. Vincent

Post by knowitall »

Per the Tribune Review.

He thinks the one semester at Kiski School will help to prepare him for the rigors of the college game.

He was recruited as an athlete at St Vincent.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Kyle Silk to St. Vincent

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Man, this one has really felt personal for you.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I just wonder how we got to this point in society. Why do people get so much gratification people get from cheering against others? Not just in sports but all across life.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Who's cheering against anyone? Why do parents treat their children like engineering projects?

Here's the whole article.

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/ligonier- ... nior-year/
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

People just don't like it when someone tries to buck the system. He said he was always "well behaved and intelligent" , and said "he didn't transfer for athletic reasons but because of school issues". Really? You may not root AGAINST kids who put themselves in those situations, but you certainly may not root FOR them either. Now he's at a school who's cost is $48,000 per year. St. Vincent gives NO athletic scholarships for football. Good luck with academic scholarships and general financial aid.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I do agree that in hindsight. It seems like a lot of hoopla to just end up playing at a D3 school just down the road. Not saying it’s not an achievement to make it to the next level, but all at the expense of hanging teammates at 2 schools out to dry and paying tuition at Kiski
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

St. Vinnie will now become a Power 5 school. Mark it down!
It ain't over until it's over.
MikeFLN
Freshman
Freshman

Post by MikeFLN »

"St. Vincent gives NO athletic scholarships for football. Good luck with academic scholarships and general financial aid."

Actually the average student receives enough financial aid to make the average cost of attending be around $24K a year. A lot of money, but a nice discount off the sticker price for sure.
Last edited by MikeFLN on July 11th, 2020, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: April 30th, 2020, 12:27 pm Man, this one has really felt personal for you.
For the last few years, I have noticed something. Perhaps I am the only one. But dang Crimson. If someone posts an opinion around here, that does not agree with your own, they get slammed.

It has nothing to do with this issue in particular. It seems like every thread that has over 5 posts, you show up and slam those with different opinions. Then you got a little list of followers that pile on.

Crimson, "Moderator" does not make you the gate keeper and all knowledgeable. Nor is it a badge that serves as a crown.

Often times your opinions are in deed off. This is possibly an indication as to why your journalism career has not "taken off."

Youre not the end all be all. Get over yourself and do this site a favor, get out of the way. Let people speak without you always having an condescending opinion. I do not believe this was ever the intention of the creator of the website. To allow a so called "media professional" to run a site. If you want to control others, create your own website, blog, etc and see how it does.

As for me, Im moving on to other endeavors. So I will show myself out (insert minions with "good riddance post").

Sideline Jim, meet good-bye Charlie.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I notice whenever someone disagrees with you, you play victim and act like everyone is ganging up on you and kind of act over the top and dramatic about it rather than just posting like everyone else.