Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Now what? What are the plans of the amateur ranks? Youth, h.s, college? How do we withstand this? The same people pushing to go-go-go will be the same ones filing lawsuits for the government not doing enough to protect! I want to play football in the worst way but change week to week on whether we will play. Curious to see what plans arise locally. I've seen prevention plans but have not heard what will happen when players get sick. Forfeits and playoffs and what not. Please educate me fellow bleacher coaches.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I have yet to see a plan at any level for what happens if there’s an outbreak on a team mid-season. Like if the Detroit Tigers have 7 test positive during the baseball season, does the entire league shutdown? Do they just call up minor leaguers and the beat goes on? Every measure to this point, like you said is preventative, I haven’t seen what the plan is when it happens.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

I don't know about forfeits, playoffs and what not, but I do know that open gyms at schools and any rec leagues that have reopened require the participant and parent to sign a virus waiver releasing the organization from liability.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Is every parent going to have to sign a waiver for their kids to go back to school?

These sport seasons both pro and amateur are not fully ready for a positive case mid season. I dont see baseball getting their full 60 games in... Idk if i see NFL starting on time, if at all. I also see the NBA and NHL plans falling through
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Texas governor has ordered bars to shut down again. 16 NBA players have texted positive. Pittsburgh/Allegheny County had its highest case number since April yesterday.

It’s just not getting better anytime soon.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

UPMC is saying the virus is weakening from what they are seeing. HS I’m not so sure how it plays out but if you think people like Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones etc. aren’t going to get their money one way or another you’re crazy. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong because I’m not a doctor but money rules all and will decide all when it comes to those billionaires that run the show. PGA commissioner said the other day the show goes on despite positive tests.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

For all of these sports. If they play better have the 2nd and 3rd stringers ready. More than likely teams will have to use a couple or more of them to play games.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

With how many teams barely get above 20 kids to begin with how many schools might just shutdown their season? If 1/4th of players dont play that will make so many rosters bare bones
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

As for high schools, you have to have a minimum 25 kids to start the season. No other way this works. This could be a big boost for BM if the United's and CVs don't have teams. As for the pro's you quarantine the positives and go with back-ups and minor leaguers (who are being kept elsewhere like Altoona). The Pirates have been using minor leaguers and back-ups for years.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 1:10 pm For all of these sports. If they play better have the 2nd and 3rd stringers ready. More than likely teams will have to use a couple or more of them to play games.
If golf, a sport where its probably the easiest to social distance, still has scene positive casea jump and spread at events how are team sports that cram their players shoulder to shoulder going to be able to stop it from spreading if a teammate has it?

1 covid positive teammate and you can say the whole team would have enough contact to he considered at risk