Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Florida also now shutting down alcohol sales in bars due to a huge spike in cases. When the NBA was looking for a location to resume play, who settled on the state that has been one of the biggest hot spots this whole time?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I do not see the NBA season or plan in florida going through. It along with texas are becoming the next New York.

Only sport that has a "chance" to complete its season besides golf/nascar would be the NHL as their hub cities will be in canada and not the US. Even still i give that a 15% chance of happening at this point given orgs like TB Lightning have seen a lot of positive cases in the past month
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Is the Johnstown player one of the Philly imports?
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Think he’s from South Fork
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

Does anyone know when PIAA will make a ruling on fall sports, or are they going to to try and wait as long as possible and hope the government tells them what to do?
Now that the NFL canceled the Hall of Fame game, is that the first domino to fall? I've seen several DIII colleges have cancelled their seasons (NJ/VA, none in PA that I know of). Is it only a matter of time?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

YES..
It ain't over until it's over.
hilltoppanther
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hilltoppanther »

konjo78 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 12:15 pm Is every parent going to have to sign a waiver for their kids to go back to school?

At many schools if not all, parents have to sign a waiver before they can participate in off season activities.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Waivers won't insulate schools totally from possible litigation. For example, they could possibly sue for negligence if kids (or officials or volunteers) contract COVID from playing sports. I just don’t think public school districts will want to take on that risk vs the reward. Maybe major colleges and pros, but not HS and small colleges.

I think maybe Spring will bring back more normalcy with sports.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Not a surprise given how baseball handled things, but minor league baseball is being totally cancelled for the season.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

So if minor leagues are being cancelled are they expanding MLB rosters?

We talked earlier that we may see a huge influx of backups playing because of COVID. Its going to be harder to call a player up when they havent had an actual game in months.