Reality is Setting In

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Slippery95
Freshman
Freshman

Reality is Setting In

Post by Slippery95 »

I have come to the conclusion that the following is bound to happen:

1) High School and Junior High Football will not see one competitive down this year.
2) Other fall sports like golf, tennis, soccer etc, are also done for the year.
3) Most public schools (likely all) will not have in class instruction until January of 2021
4) Winter Sports will likely see an abbreviated scheduled given that they will not start practices until after the new year.
5) The coverage and fear of this virus will change drastically come early November
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Reality is Setting In

Post by knowitall »

I agree with 1-4.

5 is, of course, ridiculous.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

No it's not.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Yes, it really is. A worldwide pandemic does not care about the US presidential election.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Everyone keeps saying this is only about elections when the rest of the world is dealing with the same issues.... Those democrats must work extremely hard to get do many countries to follow this fake covid narrative.

Just ignore US is one of the only countries who complains about things that can keep this in check and governors, like texas's abbott, had to eat crow with policies in texas after the pandemic flooded his open state
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I agree with 1-4 and i agree thats just the way it needs to be. I feel terrible for the young athletes but these are once-in-a-century barriers that we need to accept and overcome. To act like we are just going to plow ahead pretending things are normal is absurd. The PIAA has shown that they have no idea how to lead effectively. Anybody can be the leader during the easy times. Lombardi is not up to the task of these times.

Not sure what you mean by #5 though.
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

#5 , Idiotic ! The exact reason we are in the shape we are in now !
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

There should not have been a number 5.

The problem I have with 2 is completing these seasons is possible. Again, I direct you to the Johnstown Collegiate Baseball League which is heading to the playoffs with teams having played 28 games each. The players on these teams have traveled from several Western PA counties. Why couldn't golf and tennis have complete seasons? The biggest obstacle to having a volleyball season could be that school's gymnasiums have been converted to temporary classrooms.

Football? No, I'm really not seeing it. I'm not sure about soccer.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

The irony of point 5 is, if Trump took a strong national stance like most world countries did, and not tout states opening up quickly we probably would be praising him and thus giving him a strong/almost unstoppable boost going into the election.

Seriously the way this started if he followed other countries he could of easily pointed to all the bad decisions lead by his opposition... Instead he fumbled away a clear chance to secure the election.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

See above.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches