District 6 playoff scenarios

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 playoff scenarios

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

For the first time in forever, I agree with Womanfred on the 10 game idea. Be thankful we got a season in any form. You want to play more. Keep winning. Or opt out of the playoffs and finish your regular season out. 12 teams on single A is too many.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

konjo78 wrote:are these district playoffs or state playoffs???
D6 playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

davesandstorm wrote:Why didn't they cut A to 8 teams so nobody had a bye? Are the schools who are getting the byes going to look for opponents to fill that week? There's no guarantee that next week will happen this year.

The ADs already have it rough this season, but I hope they can find opponents when they lose even more games due to their opponents being in the playoffs. I hope that the ADs in the playoffs who are eliminated early work to come back to regular season games to try to get as close to 10 games in per school as possible.
The top 4 teams will have the option to play a regular season game that week if they’d like.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Will 0-6 get you in the 6-A playoffs?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

If a team only plays 6 games out of their regular season 10 game schedule, and their hardest opponents are in the last 4 games of that schedule, how is this fair to the teams that played their hardest opponents at the FRONT end of their schedule?
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Manfred wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 7:56 am Dave, why would it matter if teams don't play 10 games? Just thinking out loud here. Wit the current climate being what it is, be grateful we get the games we got, move forward, and hope to GOD that things settle more back to normal for the indoor winter seasons.
I didn't say that every school had to play 10 games. I said that I hope that schools can make an effort to approach/reach that number because it's the maximum regular season contests allowed. We're now cutting a regular season at 6 weeks to appease a state tournament. Some Mountain League teams could play as few as 4 games before the playoffs start. If we can safely play the games, I support and hope that teams will be given the opportunity to do so.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

schools that are eliminated will go back and complete their league schedule after elimination I would think. In the ICC they have a league schedule through Nov. 13 so teams eliminated before then just go back to their league schedule, how hard is that? hopefully AD's of schools who lose games to opponents who continue in the playoffs will work to find opponents, probably from other leagues, to play to fill any voids so the student/athletes can get as many games in as possible but that will get a little complicated when you have two schools that both want to be home or away. Then again, with the latest fan ban maybe it doesn't matter where you play.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

El-Moldo wrote:If a team only plays 6 games out of their regular season 10 game schedule, and their hardest opponents are in the last 4 games of that schedule, how is this fair to the teams that played their hardest opponents at the FRONT end of their schedule?
You are correct. For example if Tyrone were to beat PV this coming weekend they could quite possibly end up the 1 seed in 3A and will have not played Clearfield or Central arguably the top 2 teams in the Mountain League. At this point I’d just say we all know it’s not going to be balanced just go out and appreciate every opportunity.

Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Which is why I say pass on state playoffs, play-out the regular season and districts and call it a season. But since every coach thinks his team can win states it will never happen. I don't get the appeal of playing some random team from Central PA or Erie, when you could finish out the season against your rivals.
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

I believe if a team enters playoffs and lose your season is over, if you opt out of playoffs you can play up to 10 games up to the state final.