District 6 playoff scenarios

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 playoff scenarios

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Skippy wrote:I believe if a team enters playoffs and lose your season is over, if you opt out of playoffs you can play up to 10 games up to the state final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No if u are knocked out of the playoffs you are eligible to continue regular season games as long as u play no more than 10 games.

You play to win the game!!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Colonel Mustard is correct. Where is every non-playoff team going to find last minute teams to play? Match-ups are going to be hard to come by. Who's going to make all these last minute arrangements? Play the original schedule and call it a season. There were no basketball champions last year. We all survived. Everybody got to play a full season. How many have said, "Well they all got to play. Shouldn't we be happy with that?"
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Moldy, I think that’s how many coaches/programs thought this was going to go. I didn’t expect a state playoff. I hoped for at least a regular season and then a district playoff. To have state playoffs there are so many new variables. Most leagues have teams from different classifications and districts so it really muddies the waters for teams looking to opponents to end the season.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

LHAC voted at the beginning of the season to play only teams within the conference. That’s going to make it interesting.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

DragonsDoExist wrote:
Skippy wrote:I believe if a team enters playoffs and lose your season is over, if you opt out of playoffs you can play up to 10 games up to the state final.

No if u are knocked out of the playoffs you are eligible to continue regular season games as long as u play no more than 10 games.

Glad they did that.

bigtube
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bigtube »

If you make the playoffs and lose in your 7th game, your season should be complete. Who wants to go back and play regular season games after you lose in the playoffs?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

bigtube wrote: October 5th, 2020, 9:29 am If you make the playoffs and lose in your 7th game, your season should be complete. Who wants to go back and play regular season games after you lose in the playoffs?
Four players, two dads and five moms.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

How many teams across the 6 classifications in district 5 or 6 have a realistic shot at winning states?

Why not just play 10 regular season games? Then have District 5 and 6 each have playoffs to determine their district champion. That's about as far as any of the public schools in the area are going to go anyways. Heck even take a step further and let district 5 play district 6 for a central PA championship in the final week. The need to bus kids to Erie or Scranton to play football games is crazy in 2020.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

bigtube wrote:If you make the playoffs and lose in your 7th game, your season should be complete. Who wants to go back and play regular season games after you lose in the playoffs?
Kids who may never get that opportunity again, parents who may never get to see their kid compete again, coaches who have young teams that every bit of real game experience they get is a benefit. Who knows what the future hold with winter and spring sports. Play while u can and appreciate every opportunity.

You play to win the game!!!
bigtube
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bigtube »

Teams that make the playoffs compete to win championships. Once the thrill of competing for championships is lost, the interest in November turns to wrestling, basketball, hockey, and other interests. Who wants to go to practice every day after a playoff loss? That increases your chance for injuries and ends up dragging on and on, inevitably turning to a bad experience. If the coach has the attitude to put younger guys in after the loss, which most likely he will not as he still wants to win, call it a day, remain socially distant from contact, stay healthy rather than rubbing up against other teams, and move on.