Southern Hunt vs Everett now off

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Southern Hunt vs Everett now off

Post by Coach »

Man.... It’s crumbling. The whole system of school is crumbling across the region.

Cancel state playoffs and allow schools to do their best to crown a district champ??
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Southern Hunt vs Everett now off

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It seems there have been more cancellations as the season has gone on, certainly at least locally. It went from maybe one game a week to multiple the past two - three weeks. I saw last night at the college level 16% of all scheduled games this season have been cancelled/postponed. The NCAA doesn't have a specific shutdown protocol but some leagues do, like for instance Virginia Tech had 15 players out due to COVID related reasons last week but the game still went on as scheduled. If a high school or NFL team had 15 guys in quarantine the game would be postponed, no questions asked.

But this weekend, Florida had to cancel their game because the SEC has a rule you have to have 53 available scholarship players and between COVID and regular injuries, Florida only had 50. The NFL is up to missing one or two games a week as well. It's getting worse, not better unfortunately.

I'm tend to agree the statewide playoffs just aren't going to be a good idea. We're going to see teams with 1-4 records in the district playoffs. Just cut your losses, finish out a regular season, have district playoffs and try and get back to normal next August.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: October 16th, 2020, 7:24 am
I'm tend to agree the statewide playoffs just aren't going to be a good idea. We're going to see teams with 1-4 records in the district playoffs. Just cut your losses, finish out a regular season, have district playoffs and try and get back to normal next August.
Wow great idea. Strange that you disagreed with me when I said the same exact thing last week.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Why did BC forfeit to Saltsburg?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:20 pm Why did BC forfeit to Saltsburg?
Not enough healthy players
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Who would of thought sending kids to school in a the middle of a pandemic was a horrible idea.... Also who would of thought that all these sports need to come first either.

Remember having to explain to others these things would happen back in august and i was called someone spreading fear not logic. Well hopefully some of those people are getting the point that should of been known months ago.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CCDevil2012 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:29 pm
OutOfTheLoop wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:20 pm Why did BC forfeit to Saltsburg?
Yes, and to clarify, it was due to player injuries they didn't have enough bodies to play, and NOT due to any virus outbreak.
It ain't over until it's over.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

konjo78 wrote: October 18th, 2020, 4:05 am Who would of thought sending kids to school in a the middle of a pandemic was a horrible idea.... Also who would of thought that all these sports need to come first either.

Remember having to explain to others these things would happen back in august and i was called someone spreading fear not logic. Well hopefully some of those people are getting the point that should of been known months ago.

Oh wise one ,please tell me the death rate in school age children with influenza vs covid. And as a second part of your reply, speak to the negative impact school from home is causing , in light of present WHO recommendations that lock down is not the answer. Thanks for keeping is simple folk understanding
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Manfred wrote: October 18th, 2020, 8:12 am
CCDevil2012 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:29 pm
Yes, and to clarify, it was due to player injuries they didn't have enough bodies to play, and NOT due to any virus outbreak.
This was why the LHAC wanted rid of them.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Colonel Mustard wrote: October 16th, 2020, 9:56 pm
Crimson's Ghost wrote: October 16th, 2020, 7:24 am
Wow great idea. Strange that you disagreed with me when I said the same exact thing last week.
I didn't so much disagree, just was wondering if all the schools were on board.