Playoff surprises?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Playoff surprises?

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Cambria Heights getting some love already, what other 3rd or lower seed do you like this year?

Obviously BG is going to cause problems.

Do Westmont or Penn Cambria throw the upset?
That Westmont offense and the time of possession can be a problem. I was always surprised how well they played against the strong BH teams in the years past.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Playoff surprises?

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I don't know much about either team, but an NC upset of MC would put Heights and NC on a path for a playoff Coal Bowl. That would be fun. That used to be a great rivalry.
Last edited by OutOfTheLoop on October 19th, 2020, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

I like #5 BG to win it all in A.
I like #4 Richland to win it all in AA.

You always have to look out for low seeded LHAC teams playing high rated ICC/Heritage/Westpac teams. SH could be a bit rusty after two weeks off. That is a long bus ride for Heights down to the southeastern part of the district though.

Westmont's offense is definitely a problem. If they can get rolling, they can limit the touches the other team has significantly with 3 yards and cloud of dust.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

WM definitely not a matchup I’m looking forward to for the Dragons. PC offense can give Tyrone some problems considering PO just scored 27 on them. The question is can PC play enough defense to put them in position to pull the upset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I 'm glad Central got Westmont. Penn Cambria is pretty similar to Central in style of play so if Tyrone wins the game plan shouldn't change much if Central also wins. I think both teams are gonna win. What more could you ask for Central vs Tyrone for the D6 AAA crown.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:I 'm glad Central got Westmont. Penn Cambria is pretty similar to Central in style of play so if Tyrone wins the game plan shouldn't change much if Central also wins. I think both teams are gonna win. What more could you ask for Central vs Tyrone for the D6 AAA crown.
Any word on what they are doing about tix for Saturday night? I typically hit multiple playoff games during a season and would love to come catch this one but obviously things are different this year.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Does either school use YouTube feeds? Thats been a fair substitute the past few weeks for the average fan who doesn't have kids involved to get tix or doesn't want to sit in an endzone and watch through a fence.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

District 6 usually charges media outlets a pretty penny to stream or broadcast playoff games. I'd hope they waive or lessen the fee this year.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

DragonsDoExist wrote: October 19th, 2020, 9:31 pm
Goldeneagles12 wrote:I 'm glad Central got Westmont. Penn Cambria is pretty similar to Central in style of play so if Tyrone wins the game plan shouldn't change much if Central also wins. I think both teams are gonna win. What more could you ask for Central vs Tyrone for the D6 AAA crown.
Any word on what they are doing about tix for Saturday night? I typically hit multiple playoff games during a season and would love to come catch this one but obviously things are different this year.

I'm pretty sure its going by the guidelines. Friday the Tyrone side had a decent amount of fans and P-O probably had 100. I think they are following them loosely. I'm not sure of our capacity to know how many under guidelines they can let in. I'm sure you can get in. No red though. Lol
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote: October 19th, 2020, 9:31 pm

I'm pretty sure its going by the guidelines. Friday the Tyrone side had a decent amount of fans and P-O probably had 100. I think they are following them loosely. I'm not sure of our capacity to know how many under guidelines they can let in. I'm sure you can get in. No red though. Lol
Oh I’d be coming in undercover for sure. Haha