D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I heard the exact same Crimson and don’t blame McCort one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Ok for Southern Huntington to forfeit,
Not ok for Bishop Mccort to forfeit
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Southern Huntingdon has infected students and its school is closed.

Bishop McCort does not. Smith appears to have taken one for the team.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

My criticism of BM in the past had NOTHING to do with them being a Catholic school. It had to do with unfair advantages letting them compete on an uneven playing field. And I certainly don't believe that BM fell on their sword because BG was not the one to forfeit the game. Who thought of that one?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I'm just glad we got football this year. So much fun.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

DragonsDoExist wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 9:31 pm I heard the exact same Crimson and don’t blame McCort one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea i mean that's what happened. I get it from both sides, but it's an unfortunate situation.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

The only blame that needs to be placed imo is d6. If its known that BG has multiple cases mccort shouldn't be the one having to back out it should be d6 officials coming in to stop the game from happening.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Would BM have forfeited if it is was 5-1? Would it have forfeited if it was playing CV or HC instead of BG?

Would FH have shut down two weeks ago if they were undefeated?

With cases increasing daily I’m thinking football might be shut down at the state level by November.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There just has been inconsistencies with the whole process at every level. In the NFL if one guy tests positive, the whole facility gets locked down and that team's next game is in jeopardy. In college football, 20 guys can test positive or be in contract tracing, and the game can be played as scheduled. In High school, some teams quarantine for 10 days, some for 14 with a positive case or two. There was never a uniformed policy from the state of district level, everyone is kind of making it up as they go, and I don't blame the schools for that. It's just nobody knows what is the right protocol or not so everyone is just winging it and that is how we get situations like Forest Hills, Southern Huntingdon, and Bishop McCort.

I'm guessing before the playoffs are over, we'll have a few more forfeits.

I don't have an overly optimistic outlook for winter sports as of right now. I could see that season really being cut short, or barely played at all.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 7:11 pm
EnzoLigoniere wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm The number of kids dying from Covid is significantly less than influenza in this country.
Konjo, please research herd immunity.

In the meantime, keep wearing your mask in the car and lysoling the groceries
Here's some research: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/ne ... ins-expert

The herd immunity strategy would result in a devastating number of deaths, not including the many others who would have lingering health problems and decreased quality of life. Besides, why would we try that now after 7 months of half-measures? Plus there is evidence that the virus is already mutating.
If you're going to quote a given medical source, do yourself a favor and do some MORE research on the inherent nature of viruses. ANY viruses. They mutate all the time. It's what they do. THIS particular one has been doing it since it was discovered. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for worse. The common cold is a variant of coronavirus. We don't get too excited about that. But if you have a compromised immune system, or other comorbidities, the common cold too can be deadly.
It ain't over until it's over.