Myers-SHC

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Myers-SHC

Post by CoffinCorner »

seems to be minimal success on the next level, despite numbers in high school that are eye popping.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

So here is a question, why would Coach Baker play Hoenstine this weekend against Somerset? It is a meaningless game that the JV from Centrao could win , but we all know he goes for 300 and 5 tds this weekend. But at same time we have people agreeing that it is OK for Penns Manor to sit starters for a MEANINGLESS crossover game. But for Central the only chance they have is to have their mega stud on the field. Of course the #s he puts up against hapless Somerset will ensure that he leads the state in passing again.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:So here is a question, why would Coach Baker play Hoenstine this weekend against Somerset? It is a meaningless game that the JV from Centrao could win , but we all know he goes for 300 and 5 tds this weekend. But at same time we have people agreeing that it is OK for Penns Manor to sit starters for a MEANINGLESS crossover game. But for Central the only chance they have is to have their mega stud on the field. Of course the #s he puts up against hapless Somerset will ensure that he leads the state in passing again.
Boy u sure have a sore spot when it comes to a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

I don't agree with ever resting healthy players in high school football. You only get so many games as a HS football player, and you know for sure that those kids want to play. Imagine telling Hoenstine that he isn't playing on his senior night but the rest of his teammates are still going to be out there. Every kid with big stats is putting up a lot of them against hapless teams and defenses. That's part of HS football. If you are on a good team, you might only play 3-4 competitive games during the regular season. There are bad teams in every conference. However, this probably isn't the kid to go at for so called "stat padding", as Central plays in the best conference in the area.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Look you play the starters. For pretty much 18 straight years Tyrone made the playoffs and usually didn't need to win the last game since they were already in. Franco played the starters and usually they were out early 3rd quarter since they were up big. That way the kids got some reps in to keep the momentum up for the next week. Just like Hoenstine would you tell Jesse Jones hey your not playing this game.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Myers just added - 270 Yards Passing, 4 TDs and 260 Yards Rushing, 4 TD's plus 11 tackles. 530 yards...This put him over 4,000 total yards this season. 2500 passing and 1500 rushing, 60 TD's + 2 KR TD's.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Hoenstine needs 2 TD passes to tie the PA career mark of 137. I know my opinion is far from unbiased but Jeff is by far the best QB I’ve seen over my years of watching HS football from a pure passer standpoint. The TD to INT ratio is insane.

2022: 202 for 297 (70%), 2848 yds, 40 TDs to 1 INT
2021: 214 for 310 (69%), 3621 yds, 57 TDs to 4 INT
2020: 121 for 184 (66%), 1823 yds, 23 TDs to 2 INT

So over the last 2 seasons 97 passing TDs to 5 INT!

LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

DDE also some probably forget he probably could’ve added a few more his sophomore year if it wasn’t for the injury.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

LeeCorso wrote:DDE also some probably forget he probably could’ve added a few more his sophomore year if it wasn’t for the injury.
Yeah 6 game Covid schedule as well. His Freshman year he was the teams leading receiver.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Welcome to LHAC style football, Mr. Myers!
It ain't over until it's over.