Week 10 Scores

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Week 10 Scores

Post by CCDevil2012 »

ChrisKentRam wrote: October 30th, 2023, 10:25 am So you're in agreement that the LHAC is an inferior conference then?
What’s their average travel distance between schools in the WPIAL vs the LHAC? That should be the first thing looked at, and why it was a crappy move for the Somerset schools to go to the ICC, especially come basketball/baseball seasons
LVluverMikeT
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVluverMikeT »

BoStillKnows wrote: October 30th, 2023, 9:58 am I think it's only a matter of time before LV trys to join the LHAC. The WPIAL is not a good fit for them, they can't compete...
We've been in the WPIAL for 4 seasons and have 3 winning seasons. That includes two 8 win seasons. I'd say were competing just fine.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

LVluverMikeT wrote: October 30th, 2023, 7:59 pm
BoStillKnows wrote: October 30th, 2023, 9:58 am I think it's only a matter of time before LV trys to join the LHAC. The WPIAL is not a good fit for them, they can't compete...
We've been in the WPIAL for 4 seasons and have 3 winning seasons. That includes two 8 win seasons. I'd say were competing just fine.
And ZERO D7 Championship appearances or Championships, sounds like it was such a "Great" move @-)
LVluverMikeT
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVluverMikeT »

BoStillKnows wrote: October 31st, 2023, 9:56 am
And ZERO D7 Championship appearances or Championships, sounds like it was such a "Great" move @-)
When you play in a league that's as tough as the WPIAL, which nobody in the LHAC would know anything about, you would know it is extremely difficult to make it to acrisure and win D7. D7 playoffs are often tougher than the remaining state playoff games after they finish district play. There are 14 very good teams that make AA playoffs in WPIAL, not 8 average to below average teams like D6. And 2 of the 4 years we've played in the WPIAL the D7 champ has been in LV's section (Steel Valley and Serra Catholic). Looks like once again, Bo doesn't know.
OldD6er
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OldD6er »

LVluverMikeT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 10:34 am

When you play in a league that's as tough as the WPIAL, which nobody in the LHAC would know anything about, you would know it is extremely difficult to make it to acrisure and win D7. D7 playoffs are often tougher than the remaining state playoff games after they finish district play. There are 14 very good teams that make AA playoffs in WPIAL, not 8 average to below average teams like D6. And 2 of the 4 years we've played in the WPIAL the D7 champ has been in LV's section (Steel Valley and Serra Catholic). Looks like once again, Bo doesn't know.
I think everyone can agree that the wpial is better at football than district 6. With that being said, I think the top couple of teams from the laurel highlands could hold their own in the wpial. District 6 doesn't have the depth the wpial does but I think overall the top teams from the laurel highlands would do alright in the wpial. I'm not saying they would win championships but I think there could still be success.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

LVluverMikeT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 10:34 am

So why go to a tougher conference and lose? Why go to a tougher conference and not compete for a District title? Why go to a tougher conference and be a doormat for the top teams? Sounds like a DUMB move by LV in the first place, go from a D6 Championship Contender to an average WPIAL team. For what? Are the LV teams more playoff ready and battled test than before? Has LV had deeper playoff runs compared to being in D6?

What has this accomplished for LV? The answer..........NOTHING
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

LVluverMikeT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 10:34 am When you play in a league that's as tough as the WPIAL, which nobody in the LHAC would know anything about...
Let's take a walk down memory lane, why don't we.

2019, Richland throttled LV 34-6 in the first round of states, not a good start for LV. That same year, Richland would have beaten anyone in the state not named Southern Columbia. They scored 27 points against SC, by far the most that anyone scored on them that year. That same SC team beat Avonworth, a vaunted WPIAL team, 74-7 in the state finals. Seems to me like Richland probably could have hung that year. 2020 lost to SC in the state quarters, 2021 Richland also lost in the state quarters to Southern Columbia. I bet those Richland squads would hold up quite well in AA in the WPIAL.

2020, Bedford scored the second highest point total that Central Valley gave up all year, 20, in the state semi-finals against them.

2021, Central was 2 yards away from tying the game late against CV and nearly pulled off the win, but alas a generational CV team was too much to over come.

2022, Central was leading Belle Vernon 17-14 at half and it took a late touchdown and a great defensive play late for BVA to knock off that Central team.

Is there separation from the LHAC compared to the WPIAL? Sure. That much is clear. Let's not act like it's completely out of the realm of possibility that any one of those teams up there couldn't have had as much if not more success than LV has over their current tenure in the WPIAL.
LVluverMikeT
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVluverMikeT »

ham55 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 4:18 pm
LVluverMikeT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 10:34 am When you play in a league that's as tough as the WPIAL, which nobody in the LHAC would know anything about...
Let's take a walk down memory lane, why don't we.

2019, Richland throttled LV 34-6 in the first round of states, not a good start for LV. That same year, Richland would have beaten anyone in the state not named Southern Columbia. They scored 27 points against SC, by far the most that anyone scored on them that year. That same SC team beat Avonworth, a vaunted WPIAL team, 74-7 in the state finals. Seems to me like Richland probably could have hung that year. 2020 lost to SC in the state quarters, 2021 Richland also lost in the state quarters to Southern Columbia. I bet those Richland squads would hold up quite well in AA in the WPIAL.

2020, Bedford scored the second highest point total that Central Valley gave up all year, 20, in the state semi-finals against them.

2021, Central was 2 yards away from tying the game late against CV and nearly pulled off the win, but alas a generational CV team was too much to over come.

2022, Central was leading Belle Vernon 17-14 at half and it took a late touchdown and a great defensive play late for BVA to knock off that Central team.

Is there separation from the LHAC compared to the WPIAL? Sure. That much is clear. Let's not act like it's completely out of the realm of possibility that any one of those teams up there couldn't have had as much if not more success than LV has over their current tenure in the WPIAL.
Timeout, let's not act like Bedford or Richland were even close to beating Southern Columbia or CV. Bedford scored 14 of their 20 points in the 2nd half when the game was out of reach and CV benched their starters. It was 35-6 at halftime. And Richland scored 20 of their 27 points in the 4th quarter, once again against SC's scrubs. It was 49-7 at halftime. Neither of those games were ever close. Central should've beat BV last year, but that was a generational Central team with Hoenstine at QB , and they couldn't get the job done.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

In PIAA Playoffs Tyrone 4 WPIAL 1. Facts. Bill Stull from Seton LaSalle probably still has nightmares of Terry Tate.
Elderlyeagle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Elderlyeagle »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 6:50 pm In PIAA Playoffs Tyrone 4 WPIAL 1. Facts. Bill Stull from Seton LaSalle probably still has nightmares of Terry Tate.
Haha Tate and Hoover that night. Both had double digit tackles and multiple sacks, Terry just had madden easy mode numbers kinda night.
I made the same statement several times about Stull lol. Matter of fact WPialtitan sat with me that night