Week 10 Scores

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
StefDjordjevic
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Week 10 Scores

Post by StefDjordjevic »

Hmmm? Looks like the Southern Columbia vs Richland game may have been a good game for just a bit. :D

LVluverMikeT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 4:56 pm
ham55 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 4:18 pm
LVluverMikeT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 10:34 am When you play in a league that's as tough as the WPIAL, which nobody in the LHAC would know anything about...
Let's take a walk down memory lane, why don't we.

2019, Richland throttled LV 34-6 in the first round of states, not a good start for LV. That same year, Richland would have beaten anyone in the state not named Southern Columbia. They scored 27 points against SC, by far the most that anyone scored on them that year. That same SC team beat Avonworth, a vaunted WPIAL team, 74-7 in the state finals. Seems to me like Richland probably could have hung that year. 2020 lost to SC in the state quarters, 2021 Richland also lost in the state quarters to Southern Columbia. I bet those Richland squads would hold up quite well in AA in the WPIAL.

2020, Bedford scored the second highest point total that Central Valley gave up all year, 20, in the state semi-finals against them.

2021, Central was 2 yards away from tying the game late against CV and nearly pulled off the win, but alas a generational CV team was too much to over come.

2022, Central was leading Belle Vernon 17-14 at half and it took a late touchdown and a great defensive play late for BVA to knock off that Central team.

Is there separation from the LHAC compared to the WPIAL? Sure. That much is clear. Let's not act like it's completely out of the realm of possibility that any one of those teams up there couldn't have had as much if not more success than LV has over their current tenure in the WPIAL.
Timeout, let's not act like Bedford or Richland were even close to beating Southern Columbia or CV. Bedford scored 14 of their 20 points in the 2nd half when the game was out of reach and CV benched their starters. It was 35-6 at halftime. And Richland scored 20 of their 27 points in the 4th quarter, once again against SC's scrubs. It was 49-7 at halftime. Neither of those games were ever close. Central should've beat BV last year, but that was a generational Central team with Hoenstine at QB , and they couldn't get the job done.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

2016. LV loses by 4 to Southern Columbia. Closer than Richland has ever been. SC then gets beat by Steel Valley from D7

Fixed my mistake
Last edited by EnzoLigoniere on November 1st, 2023, 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:2016. LV loses by 4 to Southern Columbia. Closer than Richland has ever been. SC then beats Wpial champ by 40.
I don’t think that helps your case in saying the WPIAL is miles ahead of the LHAC.

If the WPIAL champion lost by 40, that doesn’t exactly scream domination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LVluverMikeT
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVluverMikeT »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:55 pm 2016. LV loses by 4 to Southern Columbia. Closer than Richland has ever been. SC then beats Wpial champ by 40.
In 2016 SC beat LV 31-27 and then Steel Valley from the WPIAL beat SC in the championship 49-7
LVluverMikeT
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVluverMikeT »

HSD6FAN wrote: October 31st, 2023, 9:50 pm
EnzoLigoniere wrote:2016. LV loses by 4 to Southern Columbia. Closer than Richland has ever been. SC then beats Wpial champ by 40.
I don’t think that helps your case in saying the WPIAL is miles ahead of the LHAC.

The WPIAL champ beat SC in the final 49-7, Enzo was wrong. A LHAC all star team wouldn't be able to beat SC 49-7
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

LVluverMikeT wrote: November 1st, 2023, 8:45 am

The WPIAL champ beat SC in the final 49-7, Enzo was wrong. A LHAC all star team wouldn't be able to beat SC 49-7
If you're going by 2016, you had a great Jtown team with Exree Loe (Elite 8 at 4A), loaded BG team (1A Champ), Central with Hoenstine (3A Semi, lost 14-7 to champ BV) come on.

I really liked the 2016 Ligonier team with Smith and loads of young upcoming talent. It didn't take long for bleachercoaches/social media posts to make me not want to root for this team after that season. Which was ashame because I do like to support the locals once districts are over and onto states.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Enzo? W-w-wr-wr-wr-o-o-n-ng-ng? Say it ain't so. #-o
It ain't over until it's over.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Aghhhh. I screwed up. Meant to say the D7 team ( Steel Valley led by Paris Ford) who is in the same section as LV beat SC soundly.
Ace3223
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ace3223 »

I'm not from the LHAC... but in 2016 Bishop Guilfoyle (who's from the LHAC) was on their 3 straight states run and took out Clariton with ease... I think the 2014-2016 Guilfoyle team could have handed SC a loss that year. And they are only a single A team. Maybe not 49-7 but I feel they could have beat them. Besides who cares, that was 7 years ago. There's lots of great teams, all in different conferences. I'm sure every person on this site has a favorite year for their team. Doesn't mean we need to sit here and say Noone could have touched them blah blah blah. If that's the truth there would be a state title for them... let's get back to this year.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

I'm going to bet that within the next 5 years that LV is in the "new" LHAC