NBC v Windber

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: NBC v Windber

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 10th, 2023, 9:06 am Again by choice.
Also choose to play Uniontown, easy win
By correct choice apparently as they were competitive in the conference with schools of their own size???

7th in the conference for enrollment so not sure what you want.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Kudos to Coach Grohal and the staff, the entire team @ Windber. I don't care what team you are, having 4 starters on suspension for whatever reason, and a couple others out indefinitely with injuries, you're not going to win a game like this. This was a definite next-man-up situation, and the Ramblers showed their moxie in keeping it within 3 TD's.
It ain't over until it's over.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

I've heard several rumors on why these players were suspended. I'm not going to say why because I don't know for sure if it's true but if it is....what is this world coming to?
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

12-7 at half. Kudos to Coach Grohal on a great coach job. Also great job to Garry and his team. I hope they get to play Steel High at home next week since Windber had to go to Steel High last year.

On the suspended Windber kid note I heard it was a technology violation so I assumed looking at dirty pictures….is that not what happened?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Why a Thursday game? Referees?
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Only two turf fields in D5. Couldn't use Windber for obvious reasons and Westinghouse will travel to Somerset but not Windber.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

I don't understand how Westinghouse can make that demand. Maybe local schools shouldn't agree to play at Cupples.

Of course it probably won't matter after this year. They should be AAA or Quad A

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Husker33 wrote: November 10th, 2023, 4:59 pm I don't understand how Westinghouse can make that demand. Maybe local schools shouldn't agree to play at Cupples.

Of course it probably won't matter after this year. They should be AAA or Quad A

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Westinghouse agreed on Somerset as a neutral site to host the championship game since at least 2016. So anytime that a district 8 school is involved in the sub regional championship it will be held at Somerset. Just like State College and Altoona have to play tonight in hollidaysburg because the district 6 championship game is at Mansion, Windber and NBC could not play at Somerset Friday and they could not play at Windber at all. That left them with the option of playing at Somerset on Thursday or Saturday and they chose Thursday. First round playoff games can still be played at Cupples.