Forest Hills/PO

Hardwood chatter
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Forest Hills/PO

Post by reugenev »

Am I reading this correctly, FH 78-1 over PO in girls basketball??? How does this happen? Anyone have any insight?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Forest Hills/PO

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Relive the magic for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL7F7icoS40
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The question was asked, so here is my answer. Hey, they missed the second foul shot, what can I say. It's not like FH was running up the score, PO was that bad. The last person on our bench would have been a star on that team.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Dbl. post.
Last edited by Manfred on February 5th, 2024, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
WallyPipp
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WallyPipp »

Forest Hills girls' team has been very good for years. While that final score is shocking at first glance, I'm not really that surprised by it. I'm a parent of multiple children playing basketball right now at multiple levels. I've watched a lot of basketball this year so far. Boys and girls, elementary through varsity and all levels in between. I can say this as a general observation and opinion...it seems to me that the former MAC teams who are now in the LHAC are generally not on the same level in basketball as most of the traditional LHAC schools are. There's a stark contrast in the overall quality of the programs and style of basketball that is played. I'm not mentioning this as a criticism of the former MAC schools, it's just an observation from what I've watched this season. Most (not all) of the traditional LHAC schools/communities appear to be doing it differently/better in terms of development in their basketball programs. Thoughts? Has anyone else seen this?
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Forest Hills/PO

Post by ERAChamp »

I saw that score and I thought it was a misprint at first. I am sure FH cleared their bench and didn't run up the score. However, that game is an embarassment. If the opponent is THAT bad, they shouldn't field a team.

My only other question is who screwed up on FH and fouled PO? If its that one-sided, why not just pitch the shutout???
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. That was a loooong bus ride for nothing.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

PO's only win this season came against winless Curwensville. Tough season for them and the level of competition in the LHAC for basketball is relentless. You have to be pretty good to compete night in and night out.