ICC Tournament

Hardwood chatter
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Tournament

Post by ICCFan »

This Should be a tremendous 2 days at Claysburg this weekend with the ICC format that I really like. More like the college tournaments in that all four division champions are at one site on two consecutive days.

The Boys division features three 20-win teams. Berlin is obviously the class of the tournament and draws TM in tonights first semifinal but the nightcap between McConnellsburg and West Branch should be a classic offensive shootout.

The Girls final could be preview of a state tournament game in the deep rounds or even state championship, pending the brackets, between Williamsburg and Berlin. Those two should have a relatively easy time tonight against one dimensional Everett and Southern Huntingdon although the Lady Rockets are capable of keeping it competitive and maybe pulling off a big surprise. I rate Williamsburg and Berlin as a tossup.

What is also really cool IMO is the Jr. High tournament in which championship games are also played on Saturday as part of a championship Quadrupleheader at Claysburg. I think this is a really unique and fan friendly format. Kudos to the league ADs on using this format.