District 5 AA

Shoot the half!!!
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 5 AA

Post by Wrasslerfan »

silentbob wrote: February 25th, 2024, 7:40 pm Congratulations to NBC. I dont think a single person would have had them winning this going into yesterday.

Credence, Megadeth, Mall, Muhl-

OW- If any CR kid should have gotten it, it was Deputy. Far and away the best wrestler on their team and in the District. Also wrestled a tougher weight the. 114 was in D-5. I'm not sure who won it, but assume he had a great tournament.

COY- I'm good with NBC can't pronounce his name winning it. They had good year and great tournament. Deputy definitely could have made arguments for it too.

JUNIOR high COY- Tom Rupple from Bedford. Another nice choice probably could have gone Mall here but assuming the D-5 coaches are looking at CR similar to how our D-6 coaches are looking at BM.

BisonLegend- the Cahill comment was funny...

Wrester02- Agree NBC and Everett both had nice tournaments. Bedford definitely showing the wear from the year they had, but still only getting 1 out is shocking. They could have probably transferred the team to VA and won more state titles then they got regional qualifiers by the looks of things.

CR, NBC, Everett and Bedford all had good junior high teams. Any other D-5 schools have kids coming that can make districts fun again with some parity?

Who all was inducted into the HOF yesterday?
In terms of the hall of fame i know of three inductees

George Childers Berlin

Sal Lascari and Chuck Wiltrout North Star
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

HOF was good. Paxton boys from Berlin, Snyder boys from Hyndman, Lascari and Wiltrout from NS, Wade Grimes family accepted for him as did Dave Musselmans family which was cool. Droz got in as a coach. Brandon Weyant from Bedford. There were 2 more that I can’t recall.

As for the COY I’m assuming it was a reaction to the tournament. But it was deserved. Deputy also deserved it but more schools voted for Dutchcot. OW was a surprise I just assumed Deputy would win but the other kid had a good tournament at a tough weight (which there weren’t many). Jr High COY was Tanner Ripple not Tom who is an assistant.

My opinion is CR won no awards because of how everyone in the district feels about them. Creedence if you and Deputy are half the coaches you claim to be you will embrace the villain role and go back to your winning ways and leave last night in the dust.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

LeeCorso wrote: February 25th, 2024, 7:50 pm HOF was good. Paxton boys from Berlin, Snyder boys from Hyndman, Lascari and Wiltrout from NS, Wade Grimes family accepted for him as did Dave Musselmans family which was cool. Droz got in as a coach. Brandon Weyant from Bedford. There were 2 more that I can’t recall.

As for the COY I’m assuming it was a reaction to the tournament. But it was deserved. Deputy also deserved it but more schools voted for Dutchcot. OW was a surprise I just assumed Deputy would win but the other kid had a good tournament at a tough weight (which there weren’t many). Jr High COY was Tanner Ripple not Tom who is an assistant.

My opinion is CR won no awards because of how everyone in the district feels about them. Creedence if you and Deputy are half the coaches you claim to be you will embrace the villain role and go back to your winning ways and leave last night in the dust.
will ridge be quiet about it lee i doubt it and you know that too
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

BisonLegend68 wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:34 pm NBC on top- how wild is that. Deputy and Company was not happy. Something tells me they had a late night workout vision quest type workout. Was it just me or did everyone think the refs were out to get Ridge?

Who didn’t Cahill win COY?
Salty Bedford person. Worry more about why kids are constantly leaving your program, rather than our workout schedule. Looking at JO results, and I'd be more concerned that you aren't touching us any time soon. Esp when you pushed all of one kid to SW. Our JH is loaded, esp the 7th grade. NBC looks to remain solid, and will probably be a good tournament team, although I don't see them hanging with us for duals. Sorry to tell you fellows, but Ridge isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
bedfordcountyfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedfordcountyfan »

wrestler02 wrote: February 26th, 2024, 8:16 am
BisonLegend68 wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:34 pm NBC on top- how wild is that. Deputy and Company was not happy. Something tells me they had a late night workout vision quest type workout. Was it just me or did everyone think the refs were out to get Ridge?

Who didn’t Cahill win COY?
Salty Bedford person. Worry more about why kids are constantly leaving your program, rather than our workout schedule. Looking at JO results, and I'd be more concerned that you aren't touching us any time soon. Esp when you pushed all of one kid to SW. Our JH is loaded, esp the 7th grade. NBC looks to remain solid, and will probably be a good tournament team, although I don't see them hanging with us for duals. Sorry to tell you fellows, but Ridge isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
Yes we know ridge isn’t going anywhere. Because even if they have a good jr high team we should all be concerned about who transfers in for that gold education they receive at CR
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Wrestler02 seems to be the salty Bedford person.

CR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They are well stocked at Jr High and Elementary levels. The other D-5 teams can't compete with what they are doing.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Ridge is like the D5 field of dreams.
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »