LHAC Starting QB's

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Footballfan4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC Starting QB's

Post by Footballfan4 »

Vescovi will probably get killed but he is quick on his feet..i imagin that myers will have him do lots of roll outs and on the run passes..
flybynight
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by flybynight »

Footballfan4 wrote:Vescovi will probably get killed but he is quick on his feet..i imagin that myers will have him do lots of roll outs and on the run passes..
Much like DonBo did with Rearick. Waggle, Waggle, Waggle. maybe some sprint outs too...
Jesus hates McCort because ________________ .
Footballfan4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Footballfan4 »

Ha yea and the offensive coordinator when Rearick was there was Justin Myers...and the Heights are coached by none other than...
flybynight
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by flybynight »

Look at FH'S offense post-Myers. The plays are more old school and less innovative. The best thing was when FH had old school run game with the spread pass game of Justin Myers.
Jesus hates McCort because ________________ .
pats39
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by pats39 »

sheepard who any1 else, whos richland starting QB for next year?
GoldenBoy11
Senior
Senior

Post by GoldenBoy11 »

I've heard rumors of Ripple and Ramirez throwing to Richland receivers (too many R's) But Ramirez is gonna be their guy, right?

Reminds me alot of the situation at McCort, with the team trying to choose between an inexperienced backup and an already established athlete at another position
Dfense wins games
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dfense wins games »

I think the QB situation around 2/3rds of the league has the potential to make it another interesting season. Young QB's can get real hot through confidence but cool off real fast as well. Establishing a running game will be crutial to the QB success and in turn, the teams as well...
Crimson09Crazy

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

Schrey should and will be the starter.I dont really see why there is even an argument..I guess just a formality but He knows the offense the best.He is the most intellegent football player of the 2.He has expierence with actually being on the field.And i think as as athlete hes better suited for the offense

Ive heard Ramierez is the QB for sure and giving him good targets with Nate Adam and Timmy Ripple
Dfense wins games
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dfense wins games »

Competition at most positions is key. Mid way through the season players often get in a funk where they just start going through the motions. Having players battle for positions is a win-win situation. However, dealing with QB's is a little bit different. Coaches should name starter after camp to give him some confidence, knowing there is a guy that can come in relief if need be...
GoldenBoy11
Senior
Senior

Post by GoldenBoy11 »

I'll second that Dfense. QB is unique in that its so much different than any other position on the field. The mental aspect is challenging enough, not to mention when you're looking over your shoulder after every misread or pick. The saying goes "if you got two then you don't have one" (unless you're Spurrier in his old Florida days), so yes naming your Q after camp and sticking with him even when there are a few bumps is key. Confidence can go a long way, especially for quarterbacks, and especially in high school.