MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

Post by konjo78 »

Well what a week. This was the week to shift the rankings and was the friday of the blowout.

A
1. Bellwood - If they play with richland they will stay #1 next week. Blown out though they may fall.
2. Penns Manor - They way they are playing This is the team no one wants to see. It will be important to keep Ferens off the turf so BA, Portage and JV will hope to play them at home.
3. Portage - Solid win. They have way too many options offensively to not be considered a contender
4. Bishop McCort - If they play like they do tonight they are scary good. Now if its like last week one game and done
5. Juniana Valley - These guys have a great offense but defense wins championships. Just ask Oregon
6. Bishop Guilfoyle - Tonight showed their offense is too simple and one dimensional to go far.
7. Northern Cambria - Just couldn't get back after bad start. A really good team that might miss playoffs
8. Blacklick Valley - Lost but played tough against North Star in loss but looking at HC and glendale no reason they shouldn't move above them.

AA
1. Richland - Easy winning for them. Big test to show how good LHAC is next week.
2. Central - Another week another big win. No problem.
3. Tyrone - See central
4. Cambria Heights - Hey these guys are saying this is a four team race. Big blowout tonight
5. Forrest hills - these bottom four teams just aren't on the same level.
6. Ligonier - back on the right track but will be tested next week.
7. Bald Eagle - well these guys really want to prove themselves next week against LV
8. Penn Cambria - Haven't played yet but losing head coach will never help a team.

One week left. Post your own ranking below.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

Post by lhacbigfan »

If Ligonier gets tested by Bald Eagle then they won't last long in the playoffs.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

lhacbigfan wrote:If Ligonier gets tested by Bald Eagle then they won't last long in the playoffs.
I am under the impression that none of the teams below 4 are lasting long in playoffs. I think AA is an obvious 4 horse race.
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

If McCort plays like they did tonight here on out they take D6 A. Line was dominate, offense was explosive, and special teams were great. Also forced 4 turnovers. Could not have played much better, lone compliant was Belskey's fumble inside the BG 5 in the 3rd.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

jack daniel wrote:If McCort plays like they did tonight here on out they take D6 A. Line was dominate, offense was explosive, and special teams were great. Also forced 4 turnovers. Could not have played much better, lone compliant was Belskey's fumble inside the BG 5 in the 3rd.
I wouldn't call it a certain. They will be tough but you have a bellwood team that can beat BM anytime they play, a penns manor team that looks like a d6 champ from last year and a portage team that wants to shut us all up. BG's offense is very simple and 1 dimensional.
slpugh24
Freshman
Freshman

Post by slpugh24 »

BG was too simple and one dimensional LAST NIGHT. Don't be too quick to judge. When the BG QBs throw 4 INTS inside their own 40 yrd line BM is going to score (any team would have scored). I only saw BM make two solid drives the whole game. BG was due for loss especially when they were on such a high. Anyone who has played sports knows when you are running on a winning high and you lose one game that helps you regroup and get pissed off for play-offs. This was a good loss for BG at a good time. They will beat United next week easy and then be pumped for play-offs.

However, the half-time ceremony was great for the BM baseball team. Congrats to those guys for being State Champs!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

But you also have to realize they were one dimensional, because McCort made them one dimensional.

BG had very few running lanes because of the interior defensive line of Roman,Dorn, and of course Gap Barbin.
And in the passing game the Defensive Ends, Belskey and Siwy sacked Irwin at least 4 times on a big third down, plus the four picks. That was outstanding defense by McCort.

It should be noted BG is not an offensive team, but to completely shut them down was impressive by McCort.

Also McCort has the best Special Teams heading into the D6 A playoffs, and McCort can win games based off of field position. The punting and kickoffs by Braden Junker really impressed me. Jordan Spangler obviously is such a reliable kicker for a High School kid. Plus if Jordan's leg is 100% he has college caliber punting skills.

Also, BG is a really good defensive team. They held McCort in check a lot of times. The two defensive touchdowns and the field position decided the game. Like you said McCort did not have long standing drives, but took advantage when they could.
slpugh24
Freshman
Freshman

Post by slpugh24 »

I don't know if I agree with "BM made them one dimensional". I agree more with BG didn't come to play football. They made tons of stupid mistakes and BM took advantage of the mistakes. They way BG played last night any team in our conference would have beat them. When you turn the ball over 5 times you lose.
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

Like Crimson said McCort's defense made BG one dimensional. When they tried to run the ball there was nowhere to go, and Irwin was harassed all night when he tried to throw and that led to INTs and sacks. Plus, with the exception of the Richland game, BG had not allowed more than 14 points in a game this season to go with 4 shutouts and McCort hung 37 on them. Also, as Crimson pointed out, McCort has got the best special teams in D6 A. Yes it will not be easy, and I'm sure if McCort plays Bellwood it'll be another instant classic like it has been each of the last 4 seasons. But if McCort plays like they did last night I don't see anyone in D6 A stopping them. However if they play how they did against Somerset, CH, or the way they played offensively against Richland then they are very beatable.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfan1000 »

Hey crimson,
Did you happen to watch the friday football final on channel 6 last night? They interviewed a FH player and he didnt compliment the other team! The nerve of him! Do you think our resident crybaby is going to have a hissy fit like he did when Sheridan didnt compliment fh in his interview?