Summer League

Hardwood chatter
SportsLover61
Sophomore
Sophomore

Summer League

Post by SportsLover61 »

I know that the Richland summer league only has about a week left, but that got me thinking...how are the area teams doing up there this year? So, how are they doing? Has anyone watched any games or heard about how anyone is doing? Never too early for some basketball speculation!
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Summer League

Post by D6sports101 »

Any ideas about Carroll this year? They have to take a step back, don't they?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

They lose 3 starters. 2 starters back, 6th man returning and possibly Holsinger coming off an injury. I think they will be the best team in Section I of the LHAC and probably D6 A.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:They lose 3 starters. 2 starters back, 6th man returning and possibly Holsinger coming off an injury. I think they will be the best team in Section I of the LHAC and probably D6 A.
Take them over BG? I think BG has some great players coming up in the system and still have some starters if I remember.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

BG has athletes, not quite as skilled as BC. They play a style that can bother BC, but Martinazzi is better than anything they have. I'll still take BC until he graduates.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:BG has athletes, not quite as skilled as BC. They play a style that can bother BC, but Martinazzi is better than anything they have. I'll still take BC until he graduates.
Agree but also disagree. They can do more than bother them, they can beat them. Possibly Multiple times
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Summer League - girls

Post by districtsixhoops »

Summer leagues for girls have just gotten underway. It appears that two of the better leagues in the Altoona area are once again at the Hollidaysburg YMCA and the Building II Rec. Between the two, close to 20 programs are competing in one and sometimes both with around 13 teams in each league. Have seen some games at both facilities. If you’re looking for some good girls summer league action, either facility is a good place to see it.
SportsLover61
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsLover61 »

Are they still doing the girls summer league up in Westmont?
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

Boys at the building II is pretty good too
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Rosters have been very thin at Roaring Spring YMCA summer league so far. 3 Central kids played for Ridge tonight just so they could put a team on the court. Lol
You play to win the game!!!