Chestnut Ridge

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Chestnut Ridge

Post by abpk2903 »

I've seen this play out for years on this board. Someone from the D6 region puts forth a "A" effort at shooting down D5, facts are laid out on the table and they disappear. Just like I said earlier, just because Channel 6 and 10 don't get over to Fannett-Metal, Southern Fulton, Tussey Mountain, NBC, Everett, and CR fifty times a year, it doesn't mean they don't have athletic programs that are quite successful.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

The main discussion I was on board with was football where a 5AA title carries little weight when compared to say a Mountain League title or furthermore a 6AA title. Not saying that Bedford or Ridge couldn't win either. 5AA in football needs to merge elsewhere.
You play to win the game!!!
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

5AA football really shouldn't exist. It should be merged with 6AA. Why some years does this occur and other years there is a merger of 5-8-9?
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

It supports what I said previously that every once in a while District 5 has a good team. You brought up 2007 and 2012, and the rest was just "they had a good team a few years ago" "they won this a few years ago"....but like I said before, you put District 5 in District 6 and there records come back to earth.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

Is there anywhere on the interwebs that has past LHAC All-Sports Champions or whatever that trophy is called?
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

14 times D5 and D6 were merged in AA. Not only did D5 have a Champion, they didn't have anyone make the final game.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Just an edit it should read, Not only did D5 not have a Champion
-BIRDS OF PREY-
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Once again, D5 usually put 1 or at the most 2 teams in that bracket. You don't think Ridge or Bedford would have made the finals last year? Just because they are a small district doesn't mean the teams they have aren't quality programs.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

JustWrestle wrote:It supports what I said previously that every once in a while District 5 has a good team. You brought up 2007 and 2012, and the rest was just "they had a good team a few years ago" "they won this a few years ago"....but like I said before, you put District 5 in District 6 and there records come back to earth.
Do you even read what was posted?
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

usatf oldguy wrote:Actually I did a little more homework for you. A district 5 boys team( more specifically Bedford county) has either won or finished second every year since 2012 at the west central coaches meet. With a few years having two of the top three teams there. This meet is considered by many one of the best in the state, certainly the biggest invite in district 5 and 6! So again no competition?
usatf oldguy wrote:
JustWrestle wrote:How about you provide some facts rather than just saying it happened lol
Ridge won west central title in 2007 in boys track, believe they were runners up in 2012. Northern Bedford has had numerous state medals in boys track including two gold medalists the past few years. Chestnut Ridge had two runner ups in 2012 and quite a few medals in previous years. I believe Bedford had a runner up distance runner last year. The district has had many great track teams. Bedford has won the LHAC championship many years but didn't beat the best team in district 5 some of those same years. Considering the LHAC is primarily made up of district 6 teams I would call district 5 competitive! I seem to recall some outstanding soccer teams in recent years, Bedford has made deep runs into the playoffs the past several years. Now when they have played some of the local teams in district 5 they have been 1 goal games. District 5 had a state champ in tennis not long ago. Wrestling speaks for itself. State champ in girls softball not long ago. I have done enough homework for you, now how about you do some of your own, especially if you are gonna say things like there is no competition in district5!
One more time just wrestle! District 5 has had a lot of really good competition in alot of sports!