Time to change baseball coaching staff

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Time to change baseball coaching staff

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

In the same newspaper, two Westmont alums were mentioned for some baseball acomplishments. One getting an award for playing at the Mount, and another is heading to the D3 World Series. 

It's not like the program is totally inept. Just had a bad year. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I don't recall Westmont ever being a baseball power and can name only a few kids who went there that even played in the Junior League
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

How does the saying go, "One guy does not make a team."? They may have had a few good players, but not enough to be a "baseball power" as you state knowitall. And let's remember folks....the purpose for schools is to educate, not win district and state titles.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

And if your school district is only fielding one or two little league teams, chances are your high school team eventually won't be very good
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

Kids just aren't into baseball like they used to be and I agree with soccer taking some of that shine.

I actually played in L-M after the Hornerstown Youth Club folded and that tournament was one of the more popular ones. I remember playing in Ferndale, Dale and East Conemaugh tourneys also. Those days seem to be long gone.

As to that letter, what a joke. People continue to amaze me at how they want to manage high school coaching staffs. People have to want these jobs and apply for them, this isn't college or pros. There's not going to be search committees for Class A/AA baseball jobs!

I know next to nothing about Westmont baseball but I guarantee that letter writer can't name one viable candidate to make that team win more.
wallpaper
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by wallpaper »

Does Gary welsh have a kid on the team? That doesn't play? Sounds like he should offer his time to help develop a summer program or better yet coac a team and see how he does. As the saying goes "until you walk in my shoes!"
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

I remember when a post such as this would generate 250 or more responses.  Now the same 5-6 people comment on everything.  What does that mean????  :))
dragonfootball2001
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by dragonfootball2001 »

Two things:

#1 If soccer wants these kids, let them have them.  Seriously.

#2 Divison III has a World Series?  God, that must be a painful game to watch.  I didn't even know those kids had real baseball bats.
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by no/excuses »

Not nearly as painful to watch as high school baseball.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

wallpaper wrote:Does Gary welsh have a kid on the team? That doesn't play? Sounds like he should offer his time to help develop a summer program or better yet coac a team and see how he does. As the saying goes "until you walk in my shoes!"
"Before you criticize someone,
walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them,
you're a mile away,....
and you have their shoes..."
Unknown Author