LHAC Football Forecast Week Seven

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC Football Forecast Week Seven

Post by 12HankQB »

But when BG, BC, or BM go on a run...they end up in the State Championship. As for the rest of the local area, not so much.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

CoffinCorner " In a co-op, every student at a school is able/allowed to play for a school. At a private school, only the students who attend that school actually play for their teams, which is why the difference."

There's another difference...
The kids that transfer to the private schools,...are typically some of the best athletes from the schools they left. Cherry picked, if you will, from a pool of athletes that don't count towards their enrollment numbers,...but should. Public schools rise and fall by those "under their own roof." Private schools do too, ....with 1 Big difference. The freedom to put "under their roof", some players that are/were the best athletes somewhere else.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I think BM is better than J-town. Andrews is a big loss for BM and could be the difference in a game like this. I think J-town will have trouble moving the ball on offense against BM. J-town passing game isn't real dynamic, not near what it has been the past few years. Also BM is really solid upfront and will be tough to run on. I see BM moving the ball on the ground. Their run game will be tough for J-town to stop. I think BM is more physical than J-town and more athletic than they get credit for. With Andrews I think they win handily. I'm still taking then but in a close one. BM 24-17.
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

It doesn't really matter if Andrews stayed and play, Johnstown would beat McCort.  Johnstown have better athletes than McCort, bottom line.  McCort wouldn't be able to match Johnstown speed.  After watching the Westmont game, I wonder why you go for 2 points when Westmont missed their extra point, McCort move into a Wild Cat and the played failed.  Just kick the extra point and take the lead.  Its plays like this and other during different games that makes you think, that McCort is lacking in their coaching staff.  By the way, McCort will have to get through Bellewood before playing LV.  Bellewood is very good team and will cause McCort problems, since McCort will be play them at their home field.  McCort is a good team but not a great team.
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Kvothe0 »

Was there a Mccort player kicked out of the Westmont game? If so who was it and won't they have to sit out a game?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I didn't see the Westmont game, but I was standing on the sideline for the Richland game. There's 2-3 Dad's that stand on the top row and give the McCort coaches heck for every move they make. Kind of a bad look if you ask me, if I were a player and my Dad was yelling the whole game, I'd be pretty embarrassed.

I went to the Somerset/Johnstown game last year and a Somerset parent was doing the same thing telling the coaches how to coach. Yelling by himself, sounding like a fool. He was talking loud enough for everyone to hear him, and nobody was responding. Almost disrupting everyone else's experience in the stands.

I guess that kind of thing happens everywhere. "Bleacher Coaches" eh?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Kvothe0 wrote:Was there a Mccort player kicked out of the Westmont game? If so who was it and won't they have to sit out a game?
If that happened, then by rule yes he would be sitting out this week. 
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Johnstown has better athletes than every team in the LHAC every year.... But I don't remember the last time they went undefeated. BM is a better HS football TEAM IMO.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I didn't see the Westmont game, but I was standing on the sideline for the Richland game.  There's 2-3 Dad's that stand on the top row and give the McCort coaches heck for every move they make.  Kind of a bad look if you ask me, if I were a player and my Dad was yelling the whole game, I'd be pretty embarrassed.  

I went to the Somerset/Johnstown game last year and a Somerset parent was doing the same thing telling the coaches how to coach. Yelling by himself, sounding like a fool. He was talking loud enough for everyone to hear him, and nobody was responding. Almost disrupting everyone else's experience in the stands.

I guess that kind of thing happens everywhere.   "Bleacher Coaches"  eh?
At the Somerset J-town game last year.... That had to be WEST33...
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Johnstown had better athletes than Westmont and look how close that game was. It's going to be a ground and pound game. McCort is 6-1 in he LHAC with their only loss to BG, they're much more tested than Bellwood at this point.