Upset in happy valley

The name says it all!
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Upset in happy valley

Post by billmurray »

El-Moldo wrote:And what about that phantom hog-collar call on Barkley giving PSU a 1st down, and the defensive pass interference which wasn't called on PSU late in the 4th quarter. Was that luck too?
yeah, two calls that, at full speed, any ref would do the same. I can also point out 5 holding calls that were very blatant by OSU, one on a big run up the middle my Miller...the clips are out there to see....those are all part of the game. The simple fact is PSU out played OSU where they needed to, Miller is not a good passer, and their Oline was suspect as well as their Dline. Did you even watch them play Indy and Wiscy?  And I honestly believe they'd do it again. and again. This is not the same PSU team that lost to Pitt and got crushed by UM...guys are back from injury, the offense is starting to click and the defense has gelled. 
Yeah, why wouldn't they score down 21-7? they did in a minute to end the half, and other than a big 73 yard TD in the 2nd half what'd osu do?? nada. The PSU defense crushed on Barrett the whole half...six sacks on an offense that allowed 5 all year. That is no accident nor is it any luckier than OSU recovering a muffed punt. 
Last edited by billmurray on October 23rd, 2016, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Who's this Miller you are talking about?
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

edited, meant barrett...Miller was a better qb and would have gotten different results
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

See the difference is Ohio state wouldnt of needed a TD penn state would of. I doubt if they didnt return the blocked kick for a touchdown they would of scored on offense.

If you think blocking and returning a fieldgoal for the game winning TD was part of some gameplan the sure.... totally unlucky! But come on you make it seem like penn state dominated ohio state bill. Are you that stupidly blind?!??!??

Ohio state had 410 yards offense. Penn stade had 270.

Ohio state had the ball 37 minutes penn state 22.

1 blocked fieldgoal made the game and the bounce was the lucky part.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

konjo78 wrote:See the difference is Ohio state wouldnt of needed a TD penn state would of. I doubt if they didnt return the blocked kick for a touchdown they would of scored on offense.

If you think blocking and returning a fieldgoal for the game winning TD was part of some gameplan the sure.... totally unlucky! But come on you make it seem like penn state dominated ohio state bill. Are you that stupidly blind?!??!??

Ohio state had 410 yards offense. Penn stade had 270.

Ohio state had the ball 37 minutes penn state 22.

1 blocked fieldgoal made the game and the bounce was the lucky part.
do you think losing Cothran, Thompkins and Gesicki during the game was part of the plan? How about dropping a punt? Having their own FG blocked? Time of possession and yardage means nothing. There are many teams that crush opponents regularly with less yardage and ToP.  OSU was great for one quarter and one play in the third.  As for the stupidly blind remark, yeah, real necessary but completely you. I have yet to see and OSU cry about this loss, I talked to many after the game that said PSU whooped them. I'm done with this argument....guys like you who can't have a conversation without being assholess ruin great forums like this. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Im calling you stupidly blind because you just have 0 facts to support your argument. And like always when you get called out you run away!!!!
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

like i said, assholess like you....
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Sorrt for providing facts and stats into a discussion. You cant even get the QBs name right. #journalists
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Any game will have a missed holding call here and there. But the hog-collar and the pass interference late in the game were obvious, calls which should not have been missed as they we're not made amongst LOTS of players. Calls that stood out alone for the refs to see. Even the announcers realized that it wasn't a hog-collar. BOTH calls changed the complexion of the game.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

Kind of like a couple of blown calls that went Ohio States way a few years ago

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi