Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

Post by dougkeklak »

youngbuck wrote:Did anyone else feel like the Shawn Liotta offense was much better at Clariton, it seemed like playing fast made them special, with the size advantage BG had that fast break no huddle offense would have been the best way to attack BG, it seems like current staff just relied on Wade and Hamlin to out athlete the competition.   In the past that constant threat of the jet sweep help the LB at bay, but on Friday hardly saw it.   Wonder if Liotta had spent enough time with Coach Wade to be willing to go to Albert Gallentin just to get away.
Great point!  Was thinking the same thing watching the game, that Liotta's playcalling was missed. 
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Clairton beat Canevin by 50, Greensburg Central Catholic 84-0, and Imani Christian by 40.  They didn't seem to have a problem with Catholic schools until they lost. 
I listed the litany of games with scores like that in the fb group going back to the year they beat McCort in the state finals.  Was met with crickets.  Not surprising, you should never let facts get in the way of your narrative.
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

billmurray wrote:just going to leave this here....we all heard the rant. Per PIAA, Clairton must take action on Wade.
I posted this one their FB and it's deleted. Their fans are a joke and their coach is a disgrace. And yet they wonder why so many people hate them and root against them. 
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Was that you I sentit too? and yeah, what'd you expect?
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Then they're talking Lamont up on how he broke so many records and sure he deserves it. Then that one fan has to go on about how if he played full games his whole career how he'd have even more yards and scores. Yeah him and every other star that played against a terrible regular season schedule every year. The stupidity is just astounding.
Parasite
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Parasite »

Per KDKA: Clairton Football Coach Blasts Officiating After Losing State Championship Game

Not a good look when you have a segment dedicated to your program and it is not about their play on the field.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

[ltr][font=georgia]Teams in the WPIAL use a different ball for the PIAA playoffs.[/font][/ltr]
[ltr][font=georgia]“I just think it was because those were brand new balls, and it’s hard to break in those in a couple days,” said Clairton coach Wayne Wade. “Plus, it was wet and slick tonight. It rained before the game. The ball was wet. We’ll be all right.”[/font][/ltr]
[ltr][font=georgia]Does he have an excuse for everything?[/font][/ltr]
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

youngbuck wrote:[ltr][font=georgia]Teams in the WPIAL use a different ball for the PIAA playoffs.[/font][/ltr]

[ltr][font=georgia]“I just think it was because those were brand new balls, and it’s hard to break in those in a couple days,” said Clairton coach Wayne Wade. “Plus, it was wet and slick tonight. It rained before the game. The ball was wet. We’ll be all right.”[/font][/ltr]

Let's count the ways:  officiating, grass field, injuries, new ball (in a game they won), recruiting, and full circle to officiating.  I swear, for a player, Clairton must be the easiest place to play, you're never held accountable for ANYTHING because clearly no one can beat you fair and square. 
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

dougkeklak wrote:
youngbuck wrote:[ltr][font=georgia]Teams in the WPIAL use a different ball for the PIAA playoffs.[/font][/ltr]

Let's count the ways:  officiating, grass field, injuries, new ball (in a game they won), recruiting, and full circle to officiating.  I swear, for a player, Clairton must be the easiest place to play, you're never held accountable for ANYTHING because clearly no one can beat you fair and square. 
lets also not forget Farrell had to use the same balls.