District Six Boys Basketball Power Rankings 1/8/2017

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District Six Boys Basketball Power Rankings 1/8/2017

Post by upnorth »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Bishop McCort 72
St. Joseph's 48
It's going to be a rough finish for the young Wolves.  Their leading scorer and sophomore PG broke his leg at practice on Thursday and is out for the year.  A potential first round match up with Saltsburg or Ferndale awaits in round one unless Harmony can get on a roll.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central boys on a nice run having won 8 straight including wins over previously undefeated Clearfield and a nice OT win over Huntingdon last night after being down 18 in the 3rd. After a week off they will head to Tyrone for a rematch of their OT loss from earlier in the season and then head to Forest Hills after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
NLCE1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by NLCE1 »

upnorth wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Bishop McCort 72
St. Joseph's 48
It's going to be a rough finish for the young Wolves.  Their leading scorer and sophomore PG broke his leg at practice on Thursday and is out for the year.  A potential first round match up with Saltsburg or Ferndale awaits in round one unless Harmony can get on a roll.
    BC is currently in the 8th spot. Even though BC is good enough for the 2 or 3 seed. The LHAC is so strong that I don't think they will be able to get out of that 8th spot. The wolves schedule has some easy wins. Grace prep is in the 3rd spot, but the wolves beat them by 30 points. Not sure how they're in the 3rd spot. I believe BC will be in the 8th spot with a potential match up with Saltsburg in the first round. BC is to inconsistent, but when they do play good. They can play with anybody. Should be interesting!!!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Is anyone going to challenge saltsburg this year is D6? They seem to be pretty dang good
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The way it's going, Saltsburg could be undefeated going into the postseason.  Once in the playoffs, I would think Ferndale and Bishop Carroll have the best chance of knocking them off. BC's record is going to be bad, but they just took a good Central Cambria team to overtime the other night.  They're dangerous enough. 
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

The game between BC and CC is always close though. I don't take much away from that game.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Is anyone going to challenge saltsburg this year is D6? They seem to be pretty dang good
Saltsburg vs Ferndale game will be a coin toss IMO.  I seen both teams play and by looking at like opponents they seem to be the same teams by the same amounts.  It will come down to Saltsburg's 3 point shooting vs Ferndale's defense.
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

According to Maxpreps, Ferndale is giving up like 31 points per game. That's some pretty awesome defense, no matter who you play. Based on that, I would give the advantage to them
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Lionjacket wrote:According to Maxpreps, Ferndale is giving up like 31 points per game. That's some pretty awesome defense, no matter who you play. Based on that, I would give the advantage to them
Lol!!!!  Give me Saltsburg by 20. I would be more afraid of Carroll if I were Saltsburg. 
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Well we know ChrisKent hasn't seen much basketball this year. lol Ferndale already beat BC by 18 I'll take Ferndale if you giving me 20pts