2017 High School Baseball Season

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
ISlapCats
Freshman
Freshman

Re: 2017 High School Baseball Season

Post by ISlapCats »

Penns Manor 2
Homer Center 17 
Final/4
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

15 day outlook for weather is not looking too promising. Teams are really going to get tested with pitch counts and arms if the weather forecasters are even half right. Everyone will either be playing 5+ days a week or seeking out the opportunity to get onto the turf someplace before they are put into those scenarios. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FH has been switched to Portage's field for Monday. If it isn't totally rained out.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Manfred wrote:FH has been switched to Portage's field for Monday.  If it isn't totally rained out.
I think it's about time spring sports get some respect around here. I'm sick and tired of football getting everything. I know they're the money maker and equipment and insurance isn't cheap. Lining the field for 5 games a season is probably more than a tarp would cost and it would last for years. And at 60 bucks a bag times 50 bags of diamond dry 3 grand do I need to say more. Would it be to much to ask for schools to purchase a full infield tarp not just let's cover the mound and homeplate. This would save teams and ADs the aggravation they're going through now. Anyone know the cost of a full tarp???
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Oh in passing I believe Portage has one ???
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

lgb87cape wrote:Oh in passing I believe Portage has one ???
Portage does have a full infield tarp. We've had one for around three years now.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

PortagePride wrote:lgb87cape:Oh in passing I believe Portage has one ???
Portage does have a full infield tarp. We've had one for around three or so years now.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's not just the infields.  OF like FH, and, oh, CC, are just a swamp unless really dry.  And FH's use of left and center field for football camp just makes a bad situation even worse, LOL.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Baseball is best played in the summer.  A tarp only can do so much.  It can't stop the rain.  It can't warm the air.  It can't calm the wind.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

knowitall wrote:Baseball is best played in the summer.  A tarp only can do so much.  It can't stop the rain.  It can't warm the air.  It can't calm the wind.
knowitall wrote:Baseball is best played in the summer.  A tarp only can do so much.  It can't stop the rain.  It can't warm the air.  It can't calm the wind.
It can at least keep the infield dry between games and cut down on the rainouts. With the fields not being covered at all teams will be lucky to play by Thursday this week.  At least a tarp gives teams a chance to get a game in or two. FH will be lucky to get their first game in Thursday at PC...