100 pitch limit

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

100 pitch limit

Post by Manfred »

This has been a hot topic since the rules came out.  After a couple of weeks of dealing with the actuality, lets have some discussion about the pro's and cons of how it's affected local teams.  Many teams will pray for a rainout just to save arms.
It ain't over until it's over.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 100 pitch limit

Post by say_oww »

In actuality, at this age numbers are arbitrary as all kids are different. But unfortunately you have to have pitch limits because the one thing you can't control is common sense.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Agreed, shouldn't be needed but some coaches would throw their ace every other start if it weren't for the rules
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FH's Wehner got his last out Tue. with his 100th pitch. Complete game. Adam Cecere just did the same, nearly hitting the limit against BMCHS with a 3 hitter.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Is a Joke. Now teams will be pressed into pitching kids that never pitch and they'll be the ones with the sore arms. ...
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central threw 4 kids tonight with none of them throwing more than 40 pitches. Gotta get creative when u have 9 games in 11 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

I still don't believe its good for developing arms (i.e. high school kids) to throw 100 pitches ever.  How many coaches make these kids do the proper recovery exercises?  Ummm, zero.  If its a "good" player he'll be at shortstop or center-field, or even - my god, even catching the next day.
Last edited by say_oww on April 20th, 2017, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

lgb87cape wrote:Is a Joke. Now teams will be pressed into pitching kids that never pitch and they'll be the ones with the sore arms. ...
Possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. That, my friends, is why there are rules in place.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Perhaps teams shouldn't be scheduling nine games in eleven days.  I realize weather has necessitated many schedule changes.  Perhaps some games should just be canceled altogether if time is running out.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

really the PIAA should lower the maximum games for baseball to something like 15. Right now, everyone schedules 20 and scrambles to get them in.  Games get backloaded with 9 in 11 days as someone posted earlier. 15 would make rescheduling easier and lighten the load on pitching arms.  You still would have enough games in to be sharp come mid May when playoffs start.  This is an area of the country that never has good weather consistently from mid March to mid May.