Scores 9/1/17

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scores 9/1/17

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Did i really just see BG only beat Westmont 13-7?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Manfred wrote:
Abaddon wrote:
youngbuck wrote:Shame Somerset can't play CC every week.
Shame you can't just report the scores. 
Like youngbuck, I'm not reporting a score.   It isn't a prerequisite on an open forum regardless of topic.  About BMCHS:  Surprised Walters returned so soon.  Did they really need him for this game?  Was BB worried w/o him?  With Jones and Walters, this team just got REAL nasty.  Glad FH is not facing them this season.
Yeah they probably did need him. Heights is pretty solid, Walters made a significant difference. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Abaddon wrote:
Manfred wrote:
Abaddon wrote: Shame you can't just report the scores. 
Like youngbuck, I'm not reporting a score.   It isn't a prerequisite on an open forum regardless of topic.  About BMCHS:  Surprised Walters returned so soon.  Did they really need him for this game?  Was BB worried w/o him?  With Jones and Walters, this team just got REAL nasty.  Glad FH is not facing them this season.
I wasn't reporting a score either. I get it. It's an open forum. It  just irritates me when people take shots at high school kids completely unprovoked... Must be a really cool dude.
Agreed it was a lame shot. So when Forest Hills loses to Johnstown next week hopefully someone makes that same joke about them playing Somerset every week. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

13-7. On a (dry ?) fast turf field. Unreal. What did Westy do that was so different from last week, or was BGU just going through the motions?
It ain't over until it's over.
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

BG just played an all around bad game, BG didn't even have the ball the whole 3rd quarter. Give credit to Westmont for ball control.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

BG looked eminently beatable.  They had a bungled extra point attempt, a missed 40-yard FG, a missed chip-shot FG that could have locked up the game, but mostly they showed that (at least in the 3rd quarter) couldn't stop the grind-it-out Westmont gameplan.  The Hilltoppers took the ball on their own 20 to start the 2nd half and burned 11 minutes in a methodical push to the end zone.  Unfortunately for them, when they took a final possession there weren't enough ticks on the clock to allow a repeat-style drive.  If they could have thrown just a few effective passes this game would have been theirs.  Nice game WH.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Awdhaemel wrote:BG just played an all around bad game, BG didn't even have the ball the whole 3rd quarter. Give credit to Westmont for ball control.
Same as all but 6 seconds @ FH, but still lost 36-0.
It ain't over until it's over.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Abaddon wrote:
Manfred wrote: Like youngbuck, I'm not reporting a score.   It isn't a prerequisite on an open forum regardless of topic.  About BMCHS:  Surprised Walters returned so soon.  Did they really need him for this game?  Was BB worried w/o him?  With Jones and Walters, this team just got REAL nasty.  Glad FH is not facing them this season.
I wasn't reporting a score either. I get it. It's an open forum. It  just irritates me when people take shots at high school kids completely unprovoked... Must be a really cool dude.
Agreed it was a lame shot. So when Forest Hills loses to Johnstown next week hopefully someone makes that same joke about them playing Somerset every week. 
Wow, can't make a comment on here.  Team scores 58 and running back goes off for 200 yds.  Next week totally held in check except for meaningless 4th quarter score.   Jimbo, you blew up Funa to be best in the conference.  Did not see it Friday night.   Interesting for a guy who pretends to know all about McCort , you neither knew Walters had surgery nor that he was coming back this week.   But hey it is a forum , post whatever you want.
Coyoteduster440
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Coyoteduster440 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Abaddon wrote:
Manfred wrote: Like youngbuck, I'm not reporting a score.   It isn't a prerequisite on an open forum regardless of topic.  About BMCHS:  Surprised Walters returned so soon.  Did they really need him for this game?  Was BB worried w/o him?  With Jones and Walters, this team just got REAL nasty.  Glad FH is not facing them this season.
I'm sorry but to say Forest Hills will lose to Johnstion is kinds funny, Johnstown seriously played the two worst teams in the Laurel Highlands to get to 2-0 Penn Cambria and Bishop Carroll... Forest Hills at least played teams with some potential.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Former NFL player and current NBCSN and NFL Radio analyst Ross Tucker was at the Central/Tyrone game Friday night and had a pretty cool tweet shouting out the Dragon crowd and DE/TE Austin Garner. Pretty neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!