Pitt Stripe Out

The name says it all!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitt Stripe Out

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Isnt that the reason Parsons decommited from PSU? To make all his official visits?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

223113 wrote:

say_oww,
While you're no Nostradamus, you got OSU right. Barrett played ridiculously well in the 4th. Too bad for PSU. Even if they win out now, they won't see playoffs.
I wouldn't count them out yet, saw an interesting article where Alabama and Georgia both won't get in because they will already be playing a game at a neutral site in the SEC game. So if they're 1-2 and Georgia loses, the committee won't put them at 4 just to play Alabama again 3 weeks later. I think Wisconsin loses to Ohio State and PSU could still get in without the conference championship like OSU did last year. I don't think this loss will be held against them much. This also hinges on Notre Dame and Oklahoma but I could see them both losing 1 more. 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Isnt that the reason Parsons decommited from PSU? To make all his official visits?
Yes and I see no issue with that at all. The kids earned it. Now some kids may not have the same luxury of waiting it out for fear of losing their spot but when ur a top 5 kid like Parsons no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Penn state needs only 3 of these teams max to go undefeated next season: oklahoma, tcu, wisconsin, miami, virginia tech, clemson, notre dame, ohio state, oklahoma state, alabama, georgia, washington.

Thats a lot to be hoping for despite most of them playing each other
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

konjo78 wrote:Penn state needs only 3 of these teams max to go undefeated next season: oklahoma, tcu, wisconsin, miami, virginia tech, clemson, notre dame, ohio state, oklahoma state, alabama, georgia, washington.

Thats a lot to be hoping for despite most of them playing each other
I've read this 5 times and I'm still cornfused...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Pretty much every 1 loss or undefeated team can win out and pass up penn state, mainly because most of them still play each other while penn state plays no one.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

konjo78 wrote:Pretty much every 1 loss or undefeated team can win out and pass up penn state, mainly because most of them still play each other while penn state plays no one.
Oh, you meant the rest of the season. Not next season. Got it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

12HankQB wrote:
konjo78 wrote:Pretty much every 1 loss or undefeated team can win out and pass up penn state, mainly because most of them still play each other while penn state plays no one.
Oh, you meant the rest of the season. Not next season. Got it.
Yep i understand. Was just trying to show how hard it is for penn state. They really cant move up unless others lose where as many behind and above them can win and easily move up
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Penn State needs to win out with style and get some help.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

So Penn State is punished for playing the bulk of their season earlier? I don't think both Georgia and Alabama can both go and that whoever wins the SEC title game makes the playoff, the SEC is too weak this year for 2 teams. Ohio St needs to beat Michigan St, Michigan, and Iowa. Notre Dame needs to beat Stanford and Miami. Oklahoma has Oklahoma St. and TCU. So no team really has an easy road from here to a 1 loss season besides Penn State and quite frankly PSU should get in over TCU and Washington based on strength of schedule. That and this can all change depending on the playoff committee's rankings which will surely be different than the AP poll as usual.