Week ten scores.....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Week ten scores.....

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I agree Tutino is better, thats why I said he is d2. There is nothing wrong with that. I love the kid as a player. But although the heritage is better than the west Pac its still small ball pa football. There are wrs at big schools in Fla, tx, and cali that have more D1 offers than they do td catches.  So yea his stats are more impressive than fyfes, but not by too much.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

How many of Tutinos tds came against d1/d2 corners? Ill take a guess. 0. Same goes for fyfe, not too many passes completed in the direction of college corners.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

You put Brady Fyve on Ligonier and I will not say he will put up same numbers he is at Shade, but the kid is a tremendous athlete  and has a very accurate arm and also gets things done running the ball and he would have that team undefeated also.   ANY HEAD coach in the west pac-Heritage-ICC-Laurel Highlands would take this kid as their QB in a heartbeat.  He will be a first team all state selection in my opinion.  I realize Ligonier will most likely win tonight, but this kid is a good QB.  For as small as Shade is he is doing very well and putting up impressive numbers.  Ligonier is one of the better AA football programs the last 5 years or so this side of the state no doubt about that, but can't we give some credit to Shade and the numbers the offense is putting up? 
I coached against Brady and watched him play AAU  basketball against Div I athletes and he he more than held his own.  I think he averaged around 16 points per game last spring.   He might be one of the better athletes to ever come out of Shade. 
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

I'm not sure who's telling some of you the Heritage conference is "weak", but your source is out of date. The Heritage only consists of A and AA and they've gone farther in those two classes than any other school (including the LHAC A/AA schools) in the last two years with only one exception - Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic two years ago. Among public schools in D6, no other conference has come close since 2015. Check your sources people. It's fake news. The Heritage is not weak. 
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:It is funny how quiet Hank is after the crossover games.  Why not put up a couple more posts about Fyfe's yardage.  Are we supposed to be impressed with those numbers against this competition?  Or will there be more posts about how the conditions affect the explosive offenses of the Westpac?  
Proud of all the Heritage teams effort this weekend.  And can't wait to see LV finish the weekend in style.
Enzo, it's nap time.  You're out of line.  Fyfe has remarkable stats, no matter what league he is in.  He is not the ad, he can just compete against who is on the schedule.  I'm pretty sure he would have good stats at any school in the area because u can't do what he did without a lot of talent and hard work.  
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

They are both kids playing a game and both are doing well. Who cares if they aren’t “D 1 material” or one must be better , because one is D2 and the other is D3. Rember they are both KIDS.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Why does anyone find it necessary to diss other conferences? We all love this great game of football, especially high school! We all love to compete! We all love to win! There is a thing called winning with dignity! All of these athletes work hard! The Westpac players are no less proud of their conference than those in the WPIAL.  Does it make you feel like big men by coming on here to disparage other conferences? I am really disappointed in my fellow Ram fans. Ligonier had very limited success from the late eighties until they joined the Heritage. Now that you are at the top of the heap, you choose to trash another conference instead of enjoying LV’s recent success. Coach Gerald Page and his troops never talked down about another team or another conference. Instead, Coach Page praised and complimented them. You should follow his example. Do you realize that you are the only Heritage fans on here saying derogatory about the Westpac? You are embarrassing all Ram fans! Do yourselves and the rest of LV nation a favor. Enjoy the success of our team, but do it with sportsmanship! To the Westpac fans and players, I am happy that the old Appalachian Conference has had enjoyed a bit of renewal! The only differences are that we no longer have Laurel Valley. Bishop Carroll is gone and West Shamokin has been added. Ligonier was never lucky enough to compete in that great conference. I hope that we can continue to enjoy the competition and camaraderie!
Last edited by tubmill on October 28th, 2018, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Birda »

Back to scores...

Duke 45, Pitt 42

8 minutes left

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Birda »

Pitt scores from 30 out with five seconds left to go up 52-45. Duke throws the lateral out of the end zone on the return, lol.

Final: Pitt 54, Duke 45

484 rushing yards for Pitt

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Slippery Rock 44 California 21

The Rock wins the PSAC West