A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Week ten scores.....

Post by Manfred »

lgb87cape wrote:
Manfred wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:Last time I checked when the ball crosses the goal line and the runner gets pushed back it's a TD. PC got screwed by Don Bailey's personal officials he brings in for his home games. 
:((   I never saw those guys before.  Get over it.  Your guys choked on the 2.
You said it you never saw those officials like two years ago down there same thing nobody had any idea who the officials were . Bailey brings in his own to help him when help is needed like last night. Right , like they weren't going to overrule the TD call vs. the fourth down call.  That's also a nice thing to say about a bunch of highschool kids "choking". Doesn't surprise me coming from someone who knows alot about poor officiating. .
Way to deflect.  You lose so have to blame the refs.  As most games, plenty of bad to horrible calls -both- ways.  FIRST and GOAL from the TWO yard line.  Couldn't get it done. :(( Since the days of Knute Rockne & the Gipper, it's been called choking.  At any level.
It ain't over until it's over.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

LV - 38
Shade - 0
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Halftime from Windber, Liggy 28, Shade -0-.  Liggy committed a bunch of penalties too.  From what I saw, Liggy just dominated the lines, and ran the ball at will.  Against Richland if it works out, will be a different story against a team that mirrors them and maybe then some.****edit: sorry, tubmill, your post beat mine.
timking
Freshman
Freshman

Post by timking »

Ligonier up big.  I think most expected but hats off to the Shade boys and good luck to both in their respective playoffs in their classifications.  I know there's been scrutiny on the Shade QB, but got to keep in mind this is a very small school with small number of boys in the senior high grades and Shanksville smaller.  It's not just QB...bigger schools have more to choose from for linemen.  Everyone forgets the importance of a good line.  If the Shade QB was at a bigger school I believe he'd still do very well as he is very athletic.  From my understanding (my grandkids use to go to Shanksville) their center just started playing last year, another starting lineman just came out this year and the other three are only second year starter and not very beafy.  That's the nature though of small schools.  Shade is very good this year for the single A division.  Ligonier continuing their dominance and will do well in AA.  I'd like to see Richland-Ligonier (and if they play hope weather holds so both teams can pass)!
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

LV - 45
Shade - 0
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

Shade scores! with 7:30 left against Ligonier's starters, who for some reason were still in the game up 45-0 half way through the 4th.  In fairness I only heard sheeder, Z beital, and miller's names called on the last drive.  I'm sure they took their front seven out.  No one would try to embarrass a school 1/3 of their size. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

tubmill wrote:LV - 45
Shade - 0
Are you at the game?  I decided I'd seen enough by halftime.  Fog was beginning to roll in too.  Had to be the officials' fault though.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Shade pulled their starters right, being down 45 with no possible way to win?
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

Are you saying the losing team pulls their starters first? Have you watched much football?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

When you are getting blown out and have a excellent opportunity to advance in the playoffs, this game meant nothing to Shade, why risk an injury. They will dominate the A playoffs in 5, and honestly with their abity to throw, will be a different matchup for whoever they see outside of the district than previous 5 A champions.